a bought a cort around $200 a couple years ago. its been dropped several times.
the output jack is bad shape and i dont like the humbuckers. also my brigde pins are terrible
it sounds ok intill i plug it into a amp or sound system
so i wonder should i spend alot of money to fix my guitar or should i buy a new guitar
i dont want to spend alot of money to fix a bad guitar
you put reasons of why u don't want that guitar, and I think you should get a new one; you sound like you want a new guitar.
Last edited by DiegoAngeles at Mar 20, 2011,
you sound like you want a new guitar and want our justification

go get a new guitar
i said its okay
Agreed. Buy a new one. You can never have too many.
Fulltone 69 fuzz
Skreddy Pink Flesh
GNI Multi fuzz w/ distortion
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
EH Microsynth
Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe
Kustom Defender 50
you definitly need a new one. or buy the brand new roland gr-55 with the add-on pickup. with the added on pickup, you can make your guitar sound like a fender strat, gibsons, etc. you can also make yer guitar sound like a piano, nylon string guitar, acoustic 6, 12 and 30 string guitars. if im not mistaken, you can also make yer guitar sound like a bass.

you just gotta watch a demo of it on youtube i dont think i explained 1 fifth of whats mainly on it
if you drop your guitar hard enough to damage it regularly, seems like buying a more expensive guitar may lead to breaking it, too. seems like that would be more of a bummer for you if you broke a more expensive guitar. on the other hand, replacing the pickup and the pins, and maybe the saddle could cost almost as much as a half step up guitar.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
if you drop your guitar hard enough to damage it regularly, seems like buying a more expensive guitar may lead to breaking it, too. seems like that would be more of a bummer for you if you broke a more expensive guitar. on the other hand, replacing the pickup and the pins, and maybe the saddle could cost almost as much as a half step up guitar.

I don't consider a guitar to be properly broken in until it has a couple of dings.

At the risk of sounding like gear snob. IMHO stuff that would do serious damage to cheap guitar. Just isn't that big a deal on a better quality and better made instrument.

My Charvel looks like crap half the paint is gone. It has more dings than I can count. Still plays great even after 25 years (20 in my hands) it's set up 80s hair metal style. humbucker bridge pup Floyd Rose and a volume knob.

It's gotten knocked totally out of wack a couple of times. After redoing the setup it played perfectly again.

When things start coming apart of low end guitar it's time to get a new and better one...

Ibanez Jackson and ESP all make student series guitars that are very good for the money.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier