hey guys, i am looking into buying this amp and would like some people opinions on it.

I have need for ample amount of distortion so i would really like to know if this amp would fulfill my needs with this.
Quote by SchecterForever
hey guys, i am looking into buying this amp and would like some people opinions on it.

I have need for ample amount of distortion so i would really like to know if this amp would fulfill my needs with this.

Play the amp for yourself then you tell us.
i personally hate the 6505 in all it's forms. the XXX is soooooo much better.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I think it would, I have one and love it. It's a crunch machine. What exact sound are you looking for?
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
i like very strong low end, high gain and warm distortion.i use VERY low drop tunings so it has to have a very good low end.
I play technical death metal so it also has to have good response and let play all notes instead of getting extremely muddy.
It's a very good amp for the price. It's a steal used.

That said, it doesn't hold much of a candle to any of the other amps on the 6505 family. It should be perfect for what you want though. The XXX is also a very good amp, check that out too.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
MY personal opinion would be to get the 6505 head + a 1x12 or 2x12 cab. The 6505 head is phenomenal. I got one roughly 2 weeks ago and it still blows me away by the sheer amount of gain it has with it only set on 5.

It will stay tighter than a nuns 'hoo hah' at almost any setting (from my experience).
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3