So got this band, been working on stuff for a while, have a couple shows coming up, but I wanted some opinions from the interwebs. My friends pretty much either like rap or extreme deathcore, so I really can't ask their opinions of this, plus they'd say it was good just because they like me, but you strangers don't like me, so its all good.

Sound is kind of unique for where we're from, but probably more generic Killswitch Engage sounding type. With some really heavy stuff but also some really nice rock parts.

6 demo songs, 4 with Vocals.

http://www.reverbnation.com/vengeanceismineband

Like us on Facebook if you enjoy it.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vengeance-Is-Mine/168898983161067
Gallien Krueger is awesome
Last edited by lionslicer9999 at Apr 15, 2011,
This sounds ****ing awesome, dude. The only thing is maybe work on your screams a bit, but you've got a lot of potential. by the way I like this a helluva lot better than any Killswitch Engage, so if they can get as far as they have no doubts you can.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
it was pretty cool but i didn't think the singer was that good. kind of stood out too much and the screams weren't the best, but a better mix could help that.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Yeah the vocals are a bit high, we mixed the music ourselves but he just recorded over the mp3's at his house since he was really sick. We just wanted to get some recordings up for people to at least get a gist of the bands sound. We'll probably tell him to not scream and have someone do back up screams when we actually go into the studio.

(PS Like us on Facebook, I put a link up there)
Last edited by lionslicer9999 at Mar 21, 2011,
Quote by lionslicer9999
Yeah the vocals are a bit high, we mixed the music ourselves but he just recorded over the mp3's at his house since he was really sick. We just wanted to get some recordings up for people to at least get a gist of the bands sound. We'll probably tell him to not scream and have someone do back up screams when we actually go into the studio.

(PS Like us on Facebook, I put a link up there)

yea, i get what you're saying. the instruments sound really professional imo.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
I like it, especially Assembly Line. I'd say maybe put a touch of reverb on the vox and turn them down just a bit, but I'm diggin' what you're doing! Your drummer is speedy!
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
not too trendy and excellent job with the clean vox, focus on making them ballsier and not too emoish sounding (hate to use that description because that aint what it sounds like) and the growls or whatever either need to be cut or worked on, my suggestion would be go with just clean vox, but like i said put more balls behind em.
breakdowns are ran into the ground these days so try to mix it up, go with speed and changes in tempo but dont be a breakdown junkie.
overall id say you guys have the talent and can write your songs. id never buy and only consider downloading. keep working hard, for every moment your not someone else is working harder and they will get the deals and not you. stay on top 24/7, promote yourself in everyway possible way and keep honing youre craft, too many trendy parts that are done better by other artists. an overhaul is needed but massive potential i see in this including the vocals, improve your octave range (even give falsetto a try) maybe try different keys (drop c is doin nothing for me)

overall 5/10
potential 7.5/10

keep up the good work though
Do you have any live videos or anything like that. Almost any band can sound perfect given enough time and effort on the computer recording and editing. What sells bands in my opinion these days is live performance. I know I'm only going to buy a CD if a band kills it live and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's like that.
Quote by lunetico
Do you have any live videos or anything like that. Almost any band can sound perfect given enough time and effort on the computer recording and editing. What sells bands in my opinion these days is live performance. I know I'm only going to buy a CD if a band kills it live and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's like that.

Only videos we did at practice. We've been booking shows, but our first show isn't for a couple more weeks.
hey dude you are absolutely amazing, the guitars good, drums good, bass good, singing good, just need to work on screaming. try practicing on your bro/sis. your bands coming on well. unlike my band, which started a few weeks ago. got any tips for being in a band?
Quote by lildudenikki
hey dude you are absolutely amazing, the guitars good, drums good, bass good, singing good, just need to work on screaming. try practicing on your bro/sis. your bands coming on well. unlike my band, which started a few weeks ago. got any tips for being in a band?

If you're playing originals, don't have high expectations and play for the love of the music not for fame. I can go into more details but I don't know your exact situation.
This is really impressive, dude. Like already stated, have your singer work on the screams. Probably have some (better) screams in the background along with the singing simultaneously