So im looking for a good high gain amp and i decided that for now since i don't have much of a budget to work with around 500-700 im just gonna settle with a 6505 combo.

now my question is should i get

the 1x12 combo new? for $599
the 2x12 combo used probably around 500-700
or a used 1x12 and a whitebox 2x12 cab?

regardless of what i choose somewhere down the road im either gonna switch the speaker(s) out with vintage 30's or get a 2x12.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Definatly the 2x12.

The 1x12 combo is okay, but mediocre in comparison to the others IMO.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
People say 2x12 tube combos are heavy and a pain to carry. I think I read earlier today the 2x12 was 85 pounds?
Quote by J Mud
People say 2x12 tube combos are heavy and a pain to carry. I think I read earlier today the 2x12 was 85 pounds?

i could care less how much it weights, i have furniture dollys and hand carts and shiz for that. hmm how common is it to replace the speakers with say v30's?
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
I dont think I'd do V30s. They are middy speakers, and 6505's are already middy amps.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
The 112 is pretty low quality compared to the rest, as stated above.

More importantly, they are different amps, and that's what you should be more focused on. The 112 is the 6505+, while the 212 is just a plain 6505. The + has 2 channels and separate EQ, but it isn't as raw or brutal. It's more refined sounding.

Also keep in mind the 5150 if you go the 212 route. they are a lot cheaper, and they're exactly the same.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
have you thought about a bugera 6260 combo? i have one and it's pretty killer, loads of gain, solid cleans, 2x12 and weighs a ton. lol i almost bought the 1x12 6505 but decided to take a risk on the 6260
the combos have shiatty speakers and weight tons.

Get a head and a 2x12 and it will be fairly transportable.
Guitars
Amps
its easier to transport a head and 2x12 than to transport a combo. Combos get up over 75 lbs
Guitars
Amps
combos are 75-85 pounds true. but besides speaker uprgrades in a combo, the combo option is usually atleast 500$ cheaper if you buy new and a 2x12.

if you have the money then ya get the head and a 2x12. if not the combo will be fine. itll be heavier but still managable.
Quote by Seanthesheep
its still a 50 pound head and a 65 pound cabinet that takes up even more room and costs more. just saying.

And it sounds a hell of a lot better, just saying.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
decision between the combos is a tough one, I too had to make the same decision but I went for the 2x12 combo for the better build quality. as far as sound I have not done a side by side comparison but I have played both and thought both sounded great. 1x12 is better for transportation etc. but if you can get the 2x12 for the price of the 1x12 then i'd go 2x12 if you don't have a problem transporting a huge tank around.

PS make sure the used 2x12 is in good shape, if not then go for the 1x12.
I'd second the head + 212 cab recommendation. If it has to be a combo, get the 212. Better low end, not as nasal as the 6505+ (112).