No, the way the petition is worded to get people to sign disgusts me. I can't stand when that type of propaganda is used. And I have to ask a staff member for details? I'd like details available on the site.

I'm not going to sign something of which I don't even know exactly what I'm signing about.
Its the board of directors going against the staff. A staff member posted that, but didn't want to get fired. That's why there's a major lack of detail. Basically they're not letting and band that isn't Christian play according to the staff member's I've talked to. Im just a concert-goer.
Quote by fieryfenderz
Its the board of directors going against the staff. A staff member posted that, but didn't want to get fired. That's why there's a major lack of detail. Basically they're not letting and band that isn't Christian play according to the staff member's I've talked to. Im just a concert-goer.

Sounds like a good enough reason to close it to me.
I thought Nashville's best venue was the Grand Ole Opry?
I pride myself on my humility.
If Alan Jackson and Loretta Lynn are your thing, sure.

Rocketown is the only decent hard rock/hardcore/metal venue for miles.
Quote by mtshark

Nay my good sir. We have many a great venue in and around Nashville. Rockettown is not one of them. I've never been a huge fan of Rockettown and they let non-Christian acts play there a lot. Between the Buried and Me actually recorded their live DVD there. Rockettown can go suck it though. All you ever find there are annoying kids with retarded hair cuts and skateboards. I think it could be a cool place to hang out for people if it wasn't for Michael W. Smith being the proprietor.
Quote by fieryfenderz
If Alan Jackson and Loretta Lynn are your thing, sure.

Rocketown is the only decent hard rock/hardcore/metal venue for miles.

Where have you been sir? There are plenty of venues in Nashville for all sorts of people to play in. Just because your fav band didn't get to play the Exit Inn doesn't mean that it's a bad venue. It probably means that your favorite band sucks.

List of venues in Nashville that allow pretty much any band that can bring a crowd and/or has a cd so the owners can hear a sample of their music before saying yes:

Exit Inn, 12th and Porter, 3rd and Lindsley, The Muse, The Basement, The End, Fuel, Hard Rock, and many others.
Quote by mtshark

the Grand Ole Opry isn't a venue... it's a show, which is held inside venues... it's been held in several different venues over the years of it running.

Im trying to keep it from sucking is kinda the point. Michael is probably the one changing stuff. And let me rephrase. Rocketown is the reason anyone 20 or younger in the Nashville area gives a shit about music. It's the only all ages venue where people arent stoned or drunk off their asses all the time and great bands consistently come, instead of stupid drunk-ass karaoke singers half the time.