im sorry if theres already a thread about this. i couldnt find one but i probably wasnt looking hard enough...

i was wondering if anybody knew of a website or something that could help me convert full chords into power chords.

and i know i could just figure it out myself but im just way to damn lazy..haha
any chord site (good ones at least) will have a "5th" button or something like that. So if you want to play a power-chord G, the selection you're looking for is "G5th" or "G5".
I am glad that you are self-proclaimed "lazy" but I am still going to elaborate. You have been a member here for almost 3 years and you haven't memorized the names of the notes on the low E and A strings yet? That is all you have to do. Done. All the power chords! I do respect you for asking because this step will open up a lot of doors to you and your playing! Once you start to figure this out, you can play along to almost every song and could accompaniment any singer or other musician.
Quote by dimarzio77
I am glad that you are self-proclaimed "lazy" but I am still going to elaborate. You have been a member here for almost 3 years and you haven't memorized the names of the notes on the low E and A strings yet? That is all you have to do. Done. All the power chords! I do respect you for asking because this step will open up a lot of doors to you and your playing! Once you start to figure this out, you can play along to almost every song and could accompaniment any singer or other musician.

for like 2 years i didnt even know why i made an account..haha..i just recently started using it..but no, i havent memorized really any notes...but i also just recently started yearning to learn new things (that i should of known a long time ago) since i joined a band and because our other guitarist knows more rhythm stuff than me...ahah
Understandable You are starting in a good spot at least. When I started, my parents bought me The Offspring's Americana guitar tab book so I started playing power chords with that. It was perfect because I realized that all the power chords were played the same way but on different frets! Then I started to reference the fret number with the chord symbol above the words. Pretty much the same thing you are looking to do.