hey guys, ive been playing for about 2 years, and play primarily rhythms (i can play all of the angel of death rythym sections, so i would consider myself an intermediate-level guitarist). with that being said, i've never really ventured into solos, and want to learn a few. What are some easier metal solos that many of you started out with? any feedback would be appreciated; thanks and godbless.

****ing slayer
welll slayer solos are terrible for anyone to learn mostly becasye they have no structure and are bassically chromatic crazyness so trying to remmeebr it would suck
try some solos from black sabbath like iron man
also the entersandman solo inst too difficult
+1 to supersac, never even bother with Slayers solos. Not saying they are bad (I actually hate most of slayers solos) but they are some of the most akward things to learn seeing as they ARE a series of random notes played with no kind of time/note/tempo structure known to mankind.

Anyway,
+1 with enter sandman (Its the song I thought of when I saw this)

Though you mentioned slayer and I assume you are a fellow metalhead, I started learning solos in the more, lets say, mellower areas of rock,metal etc.

Johnny B Goode (always fun) - Chuck Berry
Sweet Child o' Mine (Never found this difficult) - Guns n Roses
Runnin with the devil - Van Halen
Hell Song - Sum 41
Anthem (we are the fire) - Trivium (intro solo only obv)
The trooper - Iron Maiden
Nightcrawler - Judas Priest
Sufforcating under words of sorrow - Bullet for my Valentine
Baby one more time - Children of Bodom (DEFO not britney version)
I want to break free - Queen (mainly just the main riff, fun, easy, soloish, always novelty

This is just the type of stuff I learned at first in general when I first learned guitar, that being said, I guess they could still be used to start on the way up to the title of "epic lead guitarist"
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
^^ both of these have really great suggestions....

I definately +1 on entersand man, also the fist lead thing I learned was the intro solo to fade to black...

good luck!!
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
We're not gonna take it - Twisted Sister (super easy)
Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
For thrash metal, you could probably do most of Metallica's solos, except for their albums Kill 'em all, justice, and some of MOP. And AC/DC is always easy. If you like iron maiden you could do Wasted Years, Out of the Silent Planet, The Aftermath, Brave New World, etc. There's lot's of choices.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by METAL MIKEY
hey guys, ive been playing for about 2 years, and play primarily rhythms (i can play all of the angel of death rythym sections, so i would consider myself an intermediate-level guitarist). with that being said, i've never really ventured into solos, and want to learn a few. What are some easier metal solos that many of you started out with? any feedback would be appreciated; thanks and godbless.

****ing slayer

I'd say Go for Stairway To Heaven. Its a long song but fairly easy too. Also you Should try Ac/Dc and Pantera Songs as they are not difficult at times but Do get challenging at times but its good for you!!
ACE AND THE ASS