Poll Options
View poll results: Vote
I believe in Evolution and I like them
37 45%
I believe in Evolution but I don't like them
42 51%
I don't believe in Evolution and I don't like them
2 2%
I don't believe in Evolution but I do like them (??? Do tell)
2 2%
Voters: 83.
Page 1 of 2
What do you guys think of those Darwin fish that go on the back of the cars? Example:

I personally don't have any problem with the meaning. I'm a 100% evolution supporter and in no way religious. But I've always found it kind of just troll-ish. Even though I believe in Evolution, I don't feel the need to have some little badge or visual aide to let people know I believe that. Plus I mainly think that kind of stuff on cars is just tacky.

Those things aren't nearly as annoying as these bumper stickers:

Last edited by The Madcap at Mar 21, 2011,
I don't mind the darwin fish, but I like trolling christians so

I hate the stupid COEXIST sticker though.
Check out my band Disturbed
I believe in evolution. I don't know if it trolls anyone or not, but I think it looks pretty tacky and I only ever see people who look like Michael Moore sporting those things on their vehicles.
Yay. I mean, normally I wouldn't, but it's justifiable because of all the douchey Christain fishes.
It's "yea or nay" not "yay or nay." For the hundredth time.

/petpeeve
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I too would feel troll-ish, especially since many of my friends are rather fundamentalist christians, then again, as I type this I'm wearing a shirt with this on it

lol

so I don't know if it's really that much of a stretch to go with the Darwin fish
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I wouldn't put one on my car, but I still voted yay. I think they are funny. I saw one that was the ship form star wars that was really cool once too.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I'm a 100% evolution supporter. But I've always found it kind of just troll-ish.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. In all reality, very few christians don't believe in evolution. Hell, I was thought it in catholic school. That being said, the message that it sends is overall pretty douche-y.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
I honestly don't care about them. I believe in evolution. If I see one on somebody's car I won't make anything of it really, and while im all for freedom of expression I kind of think that things like that are personal. So I would never have one.
I believe in evolution, but I don't favour them, simply because I see no reason to put something like that on your car, evolution is just a theory that has been proven over and over again, why bother trolling people who ignore that?
Quote by cjmabry
Bahahahaha. Can I sig that?

Quote by Kurt Vonnegut
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
I don't like it. I agree with them, but they remind me of Richard Dawkins and the sort of people who'd rather spend hours congratulating themselves for having rational beliefs than move on and find out more about the universe.

Evolution vs intelligent design is such a boring argument. Partially because anyone rational enough to be swayed by a pusuasive argument would already believe in evolution.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
First off no one "believes" in evolution, we AGREE with the evidence that supports evolution. There is a huge difference.

A belief requires no evidence.

The darwin fish has always been an iffy thing with me, around here having one is inviting trouble, but then again it can spark a debate and maybe one of the creationists can get an education.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Mar 21, 2011,
Quote by The Madcap
]

I somehow read that as 'I'm a vagina.'

Can't see the first image, darn.
Quote by Alucard817
First off no one "believes" in evolution, we AGREE with it. There is a huge difference.

The darwin fish has always been an iffy thing with me, around here having one is inviting trouble, but then again it can spark a debate and maybe one of the creationists can get an education.
Don't you mean faith? Even then it's kind of iffy to define faith like that. But I don't think a belief is inherently without evidence.

"Jack, you'll do great at your new job. I believe in you! Your work ethic and experience is better than anyone else there."
Quote by The Madcap
Don't you mean faith? Even then it's kind of iffy to define faith like that. But I don't think a belief is inherently without evidence.

"Jack, you'll do great at your new job. I believe in you! Your work ethic and experience is better than anyone else there."

any cognitive content held as true
impression: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed

Source
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=belief

I rest my case.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817
There's nothing there that states that a belief inherently must be without evidence.
Anybody with a bumper sticker or Darwin Fish is a bowl of shit. Nobody cares about your opinion. Get over it.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I've never seen any of these sort of stickers, but in general I find people who feel the need to advertise their beliefs annoying.
Honestly it makes no difference to me what people believe in, but when they show off their beliefs as if it somehow makes them better it annoys me.
I wouldn't get one, but I don't have a problem with others doing it. At least its something to look at when you're stuck in traffic.
cat
i think all bumper stickers are stupid.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
My guitarist has a Satan fish. Yeah...

He keeps it on velcro tabs so he can pop it off his car if he feels he's in an area where it may be tampered with...
The Darwin fish always make me laugh, but I don't know if I'd ever get one. I had a coexist sticker for a while and it made me constantly feel like a douchebag.
I didn't know there were people that seriously DIDN'T believe in evolution.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Why do you dislike those stickers? there is like nothing in the world that could upset any one, I think. They just say we could all live together.

I am getting one naw.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
If you're talking about the little metallic fish with legs that you put on the back of your car instead of the douchey Christian ones, I think they're great, but my car's quite nice so I'd never put anything like that on there. What if it took off the paintwork?

If I had a beaten-up old car that I never thought I'd be able to sell again I'd get one.
I don't think it's necessary to show everyone behind me I don't go to church at all.
I will always be taken by surprise at the term "believe in" when it comes to evolution because it doesn't make sense to me that you could NOT believe

But I like them!

EDIT: ^ doesn't mean you don't go to church. I know Christians that recognise evolution.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Mar 21, 2011,
Quote by Grimriffer
I didn't know there were people that seriously DIDN'T believe in evolution.

This, seriously.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by Alucard817
First off no one "believes" in evolution, we AGREE with the evidence that supports evolution. There is a huge difference.

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I think bumper stickers in general are stupid.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Page 1 of 2