I have an old tv (not the bunny ears kind, but the big plastic bulk with the big "brain" protruding from its backside), and I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this or has done this before:

the console connects to the tv via three different colored RCA connectors, BUT... The old tv only has one simple female cable inlet (not sure what its called, but you get the idea) and has NONE other inlets accepting any kind of RCA connectors whatsoever, so would I need this thing that's in the picture here? Or is the 7-pin thing just wrong? (FYI the RCA connectors are male btw). Any suggestions (besides getting another television), or am I screwed here?

-Thanks a lot in advance.
Attachments:
cabsvd022.jpg
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Mar 21, 2011,
wut

EDIT: if you only have the cable inlet, you're screwed. unless they have an adapter somewhere out there that connects to the end of an RCA cable to whatever the hell you want to plug in
Last edited by killer puppy at Mar 21, 2011,
That's an s video male end (which I don't understand since it shouldn't carry sound from the red and white rcas) On an old TV, you want the same thing, but with a male coaxial end instead of the s-video end.

Don't know if that exists or not, I'm sure you can at least find a little conversion box if nothing else. What's the game system?
I imagine that this depends on the console and the TV in particular. Pics or details dude? I know my old SNES had a one single-pin AV cable that I used for the longest time.

Also, at first I read this as being about a Telecaster, not a television.
I always thought you needed an RF Switch when connecting consoles to super old TVs (the things that came with NES, which plugs from console into cable jack of TV and you select a channel [3 or 4] to play it on)... not sure about the thing in the pic.
Time travelling?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
I always thought you needed an RF Switch when connecting consoles to super old TVs (the things that came with NES, which plugs from console into cable jack of TV and you select a channel [3 or 4] to play it on)... not sure about the thing in the pic.

This is the type of conversion box I mentioned. Old consoles came with them pretty often up through the snes days.
Also, I'm laughing heartily at what seems to be a TS who doesn't seem to recognize those wires.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
This is the type of conversion box I mentioned. Old consoles came with them pretty often up through the snes days.

You're talking about one of these? That's what I was talking about that I used for my old SNES, an RF adapter. Up until I got a Playstation 1 back when those were new just about every console I had came with him.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
That's an s video male end (which I don't understand since it shouldn't carry sound from the red and white rcas) On an old TV, you want the same thing, but with a male coaxial end instead of the s-video end.

Don't know if that exists or not, I'm sure you can at least find a little conversion box if nothing else. What's the game system?

the console is the xbox360
& the tv is a Sansui, that's all I know about the tv tho
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
I thought you were trying to plug a telecaster into an Xbox. This thread is less stupid than I was hoping for it to be.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Flying Couch
You're talking about one of these? That's what I was talking about that I used for my old SNES, an RF adapter. Up until I got a Playstation 1 back when those were new just about every console I had came with him.

na, not quite. I just realized that 7 pins won't fit where there's a cable jack (that's what its called, meh I have my days ) that obviously only requires 1 pin (considering theres only 1 hole..doh, i should've know that).

so in a nutshell: the same thing thats in the picture but with just one pin.... but the question is: does it exist...
You need this

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-CRF940-Modulator-Gold-Plated-Connectors/dp/B00008X5DD/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1300690228&sr=1-1

Edit - Sorry I wasn't very informative before, But you need an RF modulator, which is in the link, theres no other converter or cable that I know of that can do what you need, they shouldn't be to hard to find, I'm sure you can one at a local store, for cheaper then the one in the link.
Last edited by Rysel at Mar 21, 2011,
Quote by whalepudding
I thought you were trying to plug a telecaster into an Xbox. This thread is less stupid than I was hoping for it to be.

You too?
Quote by Lots O' FX
There's a guy named, I shit you not, Hunter Goldhammer. I have never met him, I only heard his name over the PA, but I assume he's a dwarf paladin.

Quote by skwelcher
I'm like the real life version of the socially awkward penguin.
Quote by C_majzer
will do, thank u sir!

Your welcome! Glad I could help.
Quote by C_majzer
na, not quite. I just realized that 7 pins won't fit where there's a cable jack (that's what its called, meh I have my days ) that obviously only requires 1 pin (considering theres only 1 hole..doh, i should've know that).

so in a nutshell: the same thing thats in the picture but with just one pin.... but the question is: does it exist...

This can be the style of alteration box I discussed. Old consoles were included with these quite generally up in the super nes times.
i was expecting game console running out of a telecastor

i am disappointed
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
Quote by darksauce
i was expecting game console running out of a telecastor

i am disappointed

lol, yea I should have considered the source, hence the site's title
So it's not a scart lead? Coz you can get Component-Scart converters. 1 actually comes with the 360 iirc.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Those are considered "old" TV's?

I'm older than I thought..

Ya damn kids 'n your flatscreens

I'm 18 and agree with this sentiment.

EDIT: So are you
Quote by whalepudding

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/
Quote by tyler_j
I'm 18 and agree with this sentiment.

EDIT: So are you

I still use my VCR.. And my TV is from like 96 or something. It's almost as old as I am. I don't see the point of getting anything new. It hasn't been used in like a year or two though, since Comcast cable went all digital and I never bothered to rig the converter box up.

But in the living room (Where the TV has one of them fancy cable boxes) it's still one of these so-called "Old" TVs.

I've never owned a flatscreen or anything
I imagined somebody playing a telecaster in a gamecube.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.

Oh alright... I know it's not about tele's...

Still. I thought I'd contribute this.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I still use my VCR.. And my TV is from like 96 or something. It's almost as old as I am. I don't see the point of getting anything new. It hasn't been used in like a year or two though, since Comcast cable went all digital and I never bothered to rig the converter box up.

But in the living room (Where the TV has one of them fancy cable boxes) it's still one of these so-called "Old" TVs.

I've never owned a flatscreen or anything

This is me to a "T"
Last edited by C_majzer at Mar 21, 2011,
You kids and your problems.

You need a scart converter. Scart at one end, an inlet for the 3 coloured pins at the other end.

Jeez, I'm only 22, I feel so old
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
You kids and your problems.

You need a scart converter. Scart at one end, an inlet for the 3 coloured pins at the other end.

Jeez, I'm only 22, I feel so old

el-oh-el, u adults calling other adults kids, hahahaha I'm just 21 tho. I was right about how this would go tho... I got the right general answer almost immediately. I already got that something I needed, cheaper than I expected too