Hey guys, I'm looking for a nice sounding amp combo to compliment my 72 Deluxe Telecaster for general play at home in my living room, so it doesn't have to be super loud. I listen to mainly stuff like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDeizJYb_sU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdqT3MDAG2w

I've been looking at the Fender Blues Junior, which looks like it may be a nice choice. Another couple of choices I've looked at are the Vox AC15 and the Orange Tiny Terror. On the larger side of things I've been looking at the Fender Hot Rod Deville and the Marshall JCM800/900.

What do you guys thing is the best option? It needs to take pedals well, as I have a fair bunch that I love to use. I'm looking to not spend over $800 or so and I prefer it if it's a combo rather than a separate head and cab.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!
Last edited by matthewh133 at Mar 21, 2011,
Hi, to be honest I know a bit about amps but not half as much as a lot of people here so i'll leave reccomending to them, but what I would say is don't do what I did. I went and plugged into one amp (marshall vintage modern) I liked it and I bought it. Luckily I like the amp but at the same time wish i had tried say a couple JCM's, peavey valve king, some vox valve amps etc ya get my point. I think the best thing to do would be go to your music store, and plug into as many amps as you want to try and play with their settings. The person who will be able to tell what amp has your favourite tones will be you when you hear them for yourself so yeah plug into heaps is my opinion. Don't worry about annoying the guys at the music store all they will care about is getting a sale! On the other hand I reckon a fender or vox valve combo could be decent.
you can buy one with lots of knobs for $800
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by Dan_9390
Hi, to be honest I know a bit about amps but not half as much as a lot of people here so i'll leave reccomending to them, but what I would say is don't do what I did. I went and plugged into one amp (marshall vintage modern) I liked it and I bought it. Luckily I like the amp but at the same time wish i had tried say a couple JCM's, peavey valve king, some vox valve amps etc ya get my point. I think the best thing to do would be go to your music store, and plug into as many amps as you want to try and play with their settings. The person who will be able to tell what amp has your favourite tones will be you when you hear them for yourself so yeah plug into heaps is my opinion. Don't worry about annoying the guys at the music store all they will care about is getting a sale! On the other hand I reckon a fender or vox valve combo could be decent.

Good advice, though I would be annoying people at the guitar shop lol. The reason being everything is so ridiculously overpriced in Australia so I would be buying second hand from ebay. I think this is the way to go, though I'm certain I've never seen a Blues Junior at a local store.
ohh spewin, i'm from perth so understand ya problem with over priced stuff and agree ebays a good way to go, shouldn't of assumed your 800 was like euro or something and could get a good valve amp, there's nothing wrong with trying out store stuff and pretending your interested in buying i spose then going ebay. I haven't personally played through one but vox ac-30 could be worth looking into. some youtube vids sound alright with em although youtube can be hard to tell, good guitarists can make bad amps sound good, shit guitarists make good amps sound shit etc
I would NOT recommend a Marshall or Orange for that style of music; I just find it's hard to get a really clear clean sound out of them. I'd go for a Hot Rod DeVille or a used AC30, or, if you want to go smaller, a Blues Jr or AC15. Between those two it just depends on what kind of voicing you prefer.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by Naruto00121
Marshall MG101DX

No...just...no...

You definitely want something more in the lines of Fender/Vox than Orange/Marshall. The cleans are quite different, and the videos you posted are more Fender/Vox. Really, your best bet is to go try all of the amps you can get your hands on at all of your local stores. Whichever one sounds the best to you is the one you should take home. You should try and stick to Tube amps, but if you find a Solid State amp that really does it for you, buy it.

Most tube amps take pedals pretty well, but I'm sure if you take a few pedals with you, the employees at the store will be happy to let you try them with the amps.
Dude, get the Baron Snott Watt, its 650 5/7 watts kicks major ass and will get all the tones you are looking for. And it looks really cool too.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness