Currently i'm playing in drop B using Ernie ball not even slinky strings 0.12 -0.56, and i'm looking at dropping again to drop A but these strings turn to noodles. i was wondering if any of you guys/gals had any advice on what heavier gauge strings i could use.

cheers Lee
the d'addario ej21's are a 12-52 set with a wound 3rd. they drop to A just fine. i dont think ernie ball has anything with a wound 3rd, but thats besides the point.lol!
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
D'Addario EXL158 13-62
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
I use open B tuning with medium gauge strings and still sounds fine but a heavy string or even a baritone string gauge is more suitable for a tuning that low.
I like D'Addario Prosteel Light Jazz 12-52 or DR String Deep Drop Tuning 10-60
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
A 56 should be fine on the low A. If you like your strings super tight, try to find a 58 or a 60 I guess.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I just tuned my Epi LP a few days ago to drop A for The Messenger by Thrice. Hilarious flop w/ 10-48s. I'd say grab a set of 13s
I use the D'addario 56-13 for A# on my guitar and its pretty tight however you'll probably need the Ernie ball baritone strings, they're the heaviest strings you can buy

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm