I was wondering what pickups I should get preferrably not over 200 for them both.
I like to play a lot of blues but I also want to be able to get a good distortion tone too.
Any suggestions?
What guitar do you use?
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
What guitar and amp are you currently using?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by GS LEAD 5
PAF's?
BKP Stormy Monday's?
Dimarzio Air Norton/Crunch lab?

BKPs would be over his budget if he can't spend more than 200 total. Perhaps 1 BKP + another cheaper pickup would work.

BKP Stormy Monday's + SD SH-2n (Jazz) ? Would depend on the guitar
WTLTL 2011
£200 or $200??

you could get a set of BKPs for £200, but if you're amp isn't half decent you wont get any noticeable difference in tone really
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
i have a washburn wi14 and a Fender Fm 212 Dsp (its a very underrated amp in my opinion)
and its $200
i was thinking about the Seymour Duncan Alnico II Slash hums, or the Seymour Duncan Vintage Blues '59 hum set.
You're not going to notice much difference in tone with that amp, sorry.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
You're not going to notice much difference in tone with that amp, sorry.

its not that bad of an amp. its definately not a tube amp but it can get close to sounding like one.
Regardless of what you think of it, the fact is it's an unspectacular, entry level amp that's sorely lacking in dynamics and character.

It's your money at the end of the day, but dropping $200 on pickups with that amp is a waste of money if you want to improve your tone. There will be some improvement but it's only going to be subtle and I guarantee you won't think it was worth what you spent, you'd be better off spending it on a pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Rckin2fame56
its not that bad of an amp. its definately not a tube amp but it can get close to sounding like one.

you'll be spending $200 for no noticeable difference in tone, so whats the point?? save up more cash and get a better amp. and with $200 forget BKPs seymour duncan or dimarzio is your friend, but once you have a decent amp
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
you'll be spending $200 for no noticeable difference in tone, so whats the point?? save up more cash and get a better amp. and with $200 forget BKPs seymour duncan or dimarzio is your friend, but once you have a decent amp

I was thinking about saving up for a Marshall MA100c 100w 2x12 but it is a little out of my pricerange.
Any tube amps for less than $500 that are decent. preferably a 2x12