I have a 1996 Epiphone sheraton in white. Over time it has got the antique white colour, while some may like that, myself i would like to try and retreive the original white colour. Any idea how i go about this???
Quote by SamVeness
I have a 1996 Epiphone sheraton in white. Over time it has got the antique white colour, while some may like that, myself i would like to try and retreive the original white colour. Any idea how i go about this???

Re-polish it.
When it looses the polish it looses it's shine.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
The pigments in the paint have permanently shifted over time. All you can do at this point is strip it and repaint.
Refinish it I guess. Aging is something that comes with owning a guitar.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Quote by crohno
give that guitar to me and buy another one

+1 or me if you don't like him

EDIT: seriously though you'll have to either refinish it or buy a new one it just happens with age.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Aging is part of the character of a guitar

Seriously though, I'm not sure if it's worth it to strip the paint and refinish it. You could try to polish it as mentioned, but I think that would just give a shiny "off-white" guitar.

If you really don't like it you could always sell it and buy a newer model (although different model years are made in different countries, with different materials, and I'm not sure how the newer models stack up next to the Sheratons from the 90's).
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
I thought people bought white guitars so they would turn that off-white and THEN be proud owners of them.
I want a shining white guitar and then I'm gonna cry when it fades
There really is nothing you can do the yellowing usually goes deep into the clear cote and sometimes into the white finish under it. You can't polish it out I have had customers ask me to try and bring back the color in several aged guitars and I tell them the same thing some have tried to do it themselves and ruined the finish all together.

John
I heard that it's best to keep white guitars (and guitars in general) out of direct sunlight and to wipe them off after each time you play them to preserve their finish. You should probably have done that it the first place, but to prevent further aging, starting to do that could help
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Even if you keep them away from sunlight and clean them and use that Dunlop finish protector cream, a white finish is still going to yellow after 5-6 years. If it was a nitro finish it would yellow even sooner, no matter what you do.
well i do like the aged look, but after i few years now i do want to try get it back to the original colour, doesnt look like a lot i can do :L. Thanks anyway guys
bleach... lots and lots of bleach... mix with ammonia for extra shining effect...

and ofcourse I'm just joking here. please do NOT do this. really. DON'T.

there really isnt anything to do though. you cant restore the whiteness of a guitar without stipping and repainting it.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Since nobody has already told you it's impossible short of repainting, I will tell you that it's impossible short of repainting. Gosh, it's like there are no helpful people here....
Well white colours, along with certain finishes go yellowy over time.
If you want a guitar that will look pristine forever, stay away from white colours and thick finishes.

Really all you can do is repaint and refinish it, but instead of a laquer, use a spray-on matte finish.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by NHECOS
Re-polish it.
When it looses the polish it looses it's shine.

Yup, repolishing it might be a good choice.