I have an Alexi 600 with the stock emg hz pickups :/ I want to replace them with either seymour duncan blackout or the emg f-alx....I tune to drop c and obviously play metal. Which is better? why? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated
I am in the same situation now! I have two Alexi 600s... and I can't stand the PUPs in them. They are noisy and just pick up more string rattling than tone. Did you end up changing to an active PUP? I am looking at SD passive pickups. I have an EC-1000 with EMG 81 in the bridge and it sounds 10x better than the Alexi-600 does. I really don't know what to pick to upgrade the PUPs!
What amp do you have? If you dont have a decent amp, a pickup change will do nothing for you. Anyway, if you want actives go either for the SD blackouts or an EMG 81. Many people prefer the blackouts over EMGs, because they sound a bit warmer. You could also go for some higher output passives if you want. Dont go with alexi signature pickup, its probably just a redressed emg hz or whatever he uses.

The question is tho, why do you want to change the pickups anyway?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.