Hi,

I need to install (or buy a guitar with) a Tremolo/Whammy. I am looking for something that can help me get those high pitch sounds like in the Intro to the first Bullet For My Valentine album or the last not in the solo to Afterlife (A7X).

So, if you know what it is I am looking for please help me. I am interested in any Tremolo/Whammy as long as it can do that. Some say Bigsby are bad for this (which is cool, they look horrible, but they are easy to get installed) and some that Floyd Roses are the only ones that can do that.

So I am a bit lost on this topic. Any help appreciated.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Yeah you're pretty much looking at a Floyd Rose for this. A Bigsby won't ever do this stuff.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I've never really used a Floyd Rose but I can say that Bigsby will not do what you want. And they're a pain in the ass to restring. You have to have three hands to do it.

However, Bigsby looks cool.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by SimplyBen
Yeah you're pretty much looking at a Floyd Rose for this. A Bigsby won't ever do this stuff.

Shame, I would like to install it on a Dean Cadillac... I don´t really feel like carving out a hole and all.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
I'd never recommend retro-fitting a FR, just a buy a guitar that can do it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by phoenix_crush
FYI, it's not really tremolo. That would be fluctuations in volume, not pitch.

Thank Leo (RIP)