Okay, so basically i'm looking for an amp, with tubes, great cleans, and not huge amounts of power.

I'm looking for something i can use in the house, but maybe take to a small practise.

Head and Cab, half stack or full stack, or even a combo, not too fussy.

I just want a really nice clean tone, either fender sort of clean, or vox sort of clean.

Brand i've been looking at are Orange, Vox, Blackstar, Fender and Marshall.

I've got a Boss ME-50 on the way, so i can tweak the distortion tone on that, but the good cleans are a must!

Okay, so it must have tubes, preferably head/cab but will go for a combo, good for playing in bedroom and small practises.
Blackstar ht5 or the HT1 would suit a small practice tube amp which genre do you play. The clean on Blackstar's are really good
I play punk rock, and pop punk mainly. I also like to play britpop, like Oasis etc.

just need a good clean tone
If you can find one at a not super inflated price, try to grab a silverface fender champ. I use mine for the exact same reasons you would want and it's fantastic.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
How does the distortion run through the Fender Champ? has it got that awesome fender clean sound?
vox VT20+ ??
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
blues junior? i tried one today and its small but loud and great

whats your budget?
you want a half stack for bedroom use? ha. ok well what is your price range. i mean out of the gate i would recommend a fender blues deluxe tweed or something from the hot rod series
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by thejester
you want a half stack for bedroom use? ha. ok well what is your price range. i mean out of the gate i would recommend a fender blues deluxe tweed or something from the hot rod series

i use a marshall 100W half stack in my bedroom...dont really play loud though

for 500 id suggest a blues junior like i siad before
Quote by '93
i use a marshall 100W half stack in my bedroom...dont really play loud though

for 500 id suggest a blues junior like i siad before

i agree with you for the blues junior. FANTASTIC AMP. but anything over 40watts, outside of jazz players is essentially worthless. the whole point is to get a true valve/tube tone. and dialing up the preamp and rolling down the master does not get that.

trust me im not hating on your gear whatsoever ive been there done that, thought high wattage amps were the way to go, until i realized i couldnt use them. no use in buying a race car if you never take it to the track. hope that makes sense. good luck with the amp search TS, check out '93's recomendation
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
I highly recommend the Vox AC4, that's what I've got right now. I live in a small apartment and it works really well. The cleans sound really nice, my only complaint is that I wish it had a little bit more headroom. You might can play with some tube combinations and fix that a little bit though.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
it's £500, which is around $800-$1000

Okay, i'll check out the fender blues, the blackstar HT-5, and the Vox AC4. I really like the look of the Vox and the Blackstar, how will these amps run with distortion effects?
Quote by morson93
it's £500, which is around $800-$1000

Okay, i'll check out the fender blues, the blackstar HT-5, and the Vox AC4. I really like the look of the Vox and the Blackstar, how will these amps run with distortion effects?

My vox takes pedals pretty well, it's one of the selling points that Vox tries to market. It's only about 250USD (not sure how that converts), so you can maybe put some money back and save for something else. I'm not sure that I would put even $800 in a practice amp.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
i'm buying on finance, but i only really want it for home use and band practise, not for gigging, cause i mainly play bass, i won't play guitar in a band, but might just have a jam with friends at home
Egnater Tweaker. Try it out. it has different voicings, similar to the ISF function of the blackstar.
I really really like my orange tiny terror. Would be perfect for you. Mines made in korea an I have a 1x12 vintage 30 cab can't say enough good things
laney lionheart?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've been looking into these small wattage tube amps as well. Here are the options I came across so far: Blackheart HT5, Vox AC4, Epiphone Valve Jr., Fender Pro Jr., Fender Blues Jr., VHT Special 6, VHT Special Ultra, Ibanez TSA15 (has a tubescreamer built in), Marshall Class 5, Bugera V5, Crate VT series, Orange AD5, and a slew of others. It's a real hot market right now. Ultimately I have decided tube amps are overhyped though. I think it's great that people love them so much, but personally I am going a different direction now due to the downsides of tube amps no one talks about (hard to get the best tones at quieter volumes, higher cost of ownership, more that can go wrong, heavier, etc.) Especially right now with technologies like the AxeFX and Roland COSM out there.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Let me recommend the Fender Vibro Champ XD - 5W, two tubes kinda like the Vox AD series (which has a single tube). The XD models several great amps and runs the signal through the tubes. Awesome combination, great cleans and tubey distortion for $200.
Quote by Jamesp3768
Blackstar ht5 or the HT1 would suit a small practice tube amp which genre do you play. The clean on Blackstar's are really good

+1 on the HT5. I have the little combo and love it. I also have a Bugera V5 and its pretty slick too.