Hey UG,

I was wondering how would you record a song with 2 or more tempos but record it "live" (everyone playing at the same time) and not have to edit the two parts together to preserve the feel of the whole band playing together.

I'd imagine there's some sort of programmable metronome that can change to a certain tempo after x amount of bars?
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
Quote by Dizzy-D
Hey UG,

I was wondering how would you record a song with 2 or more tempos but record it "live" (everyone playing at the same time) and not have to edit the two parts together to preserve the feel of the whole band playing together.

I'd imagine there's some sort of programmable metronome that can change to a certain tempo after x amount of bars?

Any DAW I've used allows you to automate the metronome/click track, yes. Otherwise you'd only be able to record a song in one tempo and by now I think someone would have figured that out, don't you?

Anyway, even if there is no programmable metronome (although, any metronome should follow the project tempo, which is always automatable) you could automate several metronomes on and off in the right places, or you could create your own click track with a software instrument (glockenspiel works well) at different tempos in the song, with MIDI... yeah, there's quite a few ways.

Failing all that, you can rely on the drummer to keep the band in time, and then tempo-map the drum performance etc.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
yeah. just automate a metronome in a DAW to change tempos after the amount you want. plus like a measure or two.