So In case I have to change the batteries in my active pick ups, how to i remove all of the strings and keep the bridge from sinking down?
Im confused...? The battery slot for your pickups is at the front side of the guitar and not the back?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
i play a strat so i might have no idea what im talking about, but isn't the battery usually behind the plate on the back of the guitar? if there is one
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by AthenasGhost
i play a strat so i might have no idea what im talking about, but isn't the battery usually behind the plate on the back of the guitar? if there is one

Yes, you simply take of the plate, replace the batteries and put the plate back on, you dont have to go near the strings
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
With a floating bridge you should never remove all the strings at once, unless you're changing pickups or doing something that requires you to re-intonate anyway. When I first changed strings on my Gretsch, the bridge fell off 'cause I removed all of them at the same time and it took me a couple of hours of work before it was intontated correctly.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Adam124
Im confused...? The battery slot for your pickups is at the front side of the guitar and not the back?

Sorry, didn't know that.. I thought you had to take out the pickups to replace the battery. :P

Close thread? Lol
Quote by kangaxxter
With a floating bridge you should never remove all the strings at once, unless you're changing pickups or doing something that requires you to re-intonate anyway. When I first changed strings on my Gretsch, the bridge fell off 'cause I removed all of them at the same time and it took me a couple of hours of work before it was intontated correctly.

Whenever I change strings on my floating bridge (a ZR from the S series) I take them all off at once and block the trem with a AAA battery. It works every time and I never have to re-intonate or set anything back up (as long as the string tension and tuning stay the same). I'm not sure what kind of floating bridge you have on your Gretsch, but as far as Floyd Rose style bridges are concerned, it's in no way an issue.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Krauser
Whenever I change strings on my floating bridge (a ZR from the S series) I take them all off at once and block the trem with a AAA battery. It works every time and I never have to re-intonate or set anything back up (as long as the string tension and tuning stay the same). I'm not sure what kind of floating bridge you have on your Gretsch, but as far as Floyd Rose style bridges are concerned, it's in no way an issue.

I think you are mistaken. There are no Ibanez S series guitars with a floating bridge. In fact, there might even be no Ibanez guitars in general that have floating bridges. You have mistaken the term "Floating Bridge" with "Floating Tremolo".

Floating Bridge (meaning it's not attached to the body):

Floating Tremolo:
(Invalid img)

There is a difference.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi