So I have to drive 2.5 hrs to a trade show tomorrow (125 miles one way). Then drive back. Should my company be paying me gas money/tolls for this trip? Or since I am salaried, do I just have to suck it up?
for my dad they would usually give him a company card to pay for all the shit, i odnt know how it is where you work though
Most companies pay if you bring them the bills from the petrol station.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
If I have to drive 250 miles round trip for work related stuff in my own vehicle they will compensate me for the use of my vehicle. They don't like it they can suck it up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
They should do, there's no harm in asking.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Jackal58
If I have to drive 250 miles round trip for work related stuff in my own vehicle they will compensate me for the use of my vehicle. They don't like it they can suck it up.

That's how I feel - but no one has mentioned otherwise so far.
At my workplace they pay me anything that is over the normal milage to work (if you are working on that day). So say I work 15 miles away from home and I have to travel 50 for a work relate thing then they would pay me 35 miles. If it is work related then your work should pay all of the expenses.

EDIT: If they will pay you keep receipts of any transaction. If you are not given one you can legally request a receipt.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Most companies will, but if yours refuses, I think that you can still claim it on your taxes as "work-related expenses" is you keep the receipts.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
They should have to, yeah.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by doomded
Most companies will, but if yours refuses, I think that you can still claim it on your taxes as "work-related expenses" is you keep the receipts.

Yep in the UK they deduct some reclaimed things from your National Insurance so you just pay less tax er month for a while
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
You get 40p per mile in the UK, I don't know how it works in America. Ask your boss.

The 40p isn't a set amount this can differ between companies but most pay around this amount.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

ANDY!!!
The IRS has a set amount per mile that they say is the cost of operating a vehicle. Your company should reimburse you according to that rate.