So, I can feel myself getting to that stage where the passion slips a little in guitar playing... wont lie, it happens alot, to us all im sure... but ive always found that learning a new song really gets the spark back - below is a list of every song i can play either all the way thru, or at lest most of the way, maybe even improvise a sh*tty solo in place of the real one (e.e Slither by VR coz the studo ones too difficult for me personally).

Muse - Hysteria, Knights of Cydonia, Plug In Baby, The Small Print, Uprising, New Born, Unintended, Blackout, Supermassive Black Hole, Dead Star, Muscle Museum (Muse fanboy - i know.)
RATM - War Within a Breath, Bulls on Parade, Sleep Now in the Fire, Killing in the Name
Boston - More Than a Feeling
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Slash - By The Sword
Airbourne - Too Much Too Young Too fast
AC/DC - Back in Black, Highway to Hell, Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be

Thats every song can think of off the top of my head i know totally.

now i know all you forum elitists will complain about me putting a pointless list of songs i know, i just think saying that shows what sort of level of player i am.
If you could 3 song suggestions id very much appreciate it.
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
Since you want to find a song which gets you motivated how about something that gives you a fresh approach to guitar? Some simple fingerstyle perhaps?

In which case I would recommend Blackbird by the Beatles.
Strange, you didnt mention but... Have you treyed listening to Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, since your a slash fan try Slashs Snakepit. Id post a list of songs that might get your spark back but theyr all hits and im sure you know them...
Ill just post one, the solo might get the flare back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bry_6P_1co4

Also, a neoclassical aproach to metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzOF9w8kG-c&playnext=1&list=PL215433D16FBB3F81

Sounded godly first time i saw it, never crossed my mind something that old could be redone in a new fashion.
Last edited by DocArunas at Mar 21, 2011,
Maybe it's time you move on to creating and writing your own stuff, and getting together with some friends, possibly play some shows. That's reignited the fire for me in the past.