String Burn....

When I first started to play guitar I came across String Burn.
I think this exists but its when you play guitar so much that your finger tips start to burn because of the constant rubbing against the strings.

Is there any way i can prevent string burn??
you'll develop calluses on your fingers, keep playing and it'll come to an end eventually. i got a sliver from my string one time and it was pretty bad hahaah
Quote by Arterial
I was chased by a man with a sledgehammer two years ago

My Gear
Squire Stratocaster
Peavey Vypyr 60 Watt
LTD M-100 FM
*sold*
Boss Mt-2
Laney LX-12 15 watt
ive found that when one layer of skin wears away the next layer seems to wear away while the first layer is still there. if that makes any sense.
You need the burn. That's the whole reason for why your fingertips make callouses. No way around it. No pain, no gain. We all went through it
Quote by BiggsRJ
You need the burn. That's the whole reason for why your fingertips make callouses. No way around it. No pain, no gain. We all went through it

Amen. Best to get used to it.
yup. I've only been playing since August. But, when I first started, it burned and kinda hurt just to touch stuff during the day. I hardly wanted to play the next day. But I did. Then I did it the next day. Then I did it the next day, and the next day. It might have lasted a few weeks... I don't remember. It pays off, because soon I was able to play all day with no pain. The constant irritation from the string causes the burning and that is what creates callouses. You need that.
Think of playing the guitar as like meeting women. You need to slay a few dragons first.
and dragons i will slay.
ive been playing since last christmas but ive only started to get a whole lot better. i play mostly metallica so its kind of fast stuff. (master of puppets, enter sandman, for whom the bell tolls, orion) and other metal influences.
Im not sure why but i never got burns and my callouses are pretty soft

I can 'sand' them right down and it doesn't hurt when playing.

Thinking back i did actually get a burn on my pinky finger from the high e but that was it. Lol