Page 1 of 2
I saw the thread for the non-generic ones, so I thought, why not start a thread for the SUPER generic ones?

It seems to me that lately, everyone's doing the whole Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack!, or Abandon All Ships thing with the generic metalcore riffs, overused synths, dissonant chord breakdowns, and catchy clean singing for all the choruses. If you guys know any other bands that sound exactly like that, share them here!

I'll start it off first with a local band from my hometown, The Light Iris.
http://www.facebook.com/thelightiris

^^listen to the song, "I Hate Song Titles pt. 2"
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
The best source for this is the Non-Generic Metalcore thread.

This.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Black Hazard
Why would anyone listen to something they call generic?

I think that he who asked the question is, like me, interested in learning of even more bands to make fun of.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by Black Hazard
Why would anyone listen to something they call generic?

You probably like a ton of generic music.
Was there a question asked? I do not see a question, excluding the first sentence, wish I figured was rhetorical... I guess not...

We don't start a thread for the "SUPER generic" metalcore bands because there is no depth, complexity, or emotion to this type of music to allow us to analyze, debate, or even make conversation about. Hope that answered your question.
If you ask a retarded question, expect retarded responses. Why make this thread?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Kyle<3
You probably like a ton of generic music.

I think everyone listens to a few generic bands. Maybe not metalcore bands.

Even Nash.
Quote by TheBDanAbstract
I think everyone listens to a few generic bands. Maybe not metalcore bands.

Even Nash.

I like a lot of terrible music, but I'm not sure if any of it is something I would label "generic."

That's not me trying to prove my superiority, I just honestly can't think of anything that I regularly listen to that I'd call "generic."

Maybe Open Hand? They're nothing special.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Here are a few really generic (and ****ing terrible) bands

Arsonists Get All The Girls
We All Have Day Jobs
We Butter The Bread With Butter
Super Happy Story Time Land

I refuse to call them Metalcore though.
I'm an asshole.
Yo bro there's already threads for all those bands ya listed in this forum. But wherever you go, you're gonna have to fight kids who know metalcore. Just give up discussing them now.

Also, why would we want to share such crappy bands, here's a hardcore band from my hometown that I like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SykwMJRBJxw
Quote by InstantAXonHero
Cavalcades.

Backed.
Cavalcades sucks.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by asator
Life Raft.

Favourite metalcore band. Easily.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Favourite metalcore band. Easily.

Pfft, their breakdowns are so lame though! And their synth player doesn't even straighten his hair, LOL.

Also fuck off Marsden, I don't even care. You look like an art teacher from the early 90s.
Also, you know what? You'd have a hard time straightening your hair too if you were going through chemo. Insensitive dick.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
If he's in Life Raft he probably deserves cancer.
Well played.

I concede.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
They're pretty bad dude.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Last time I checked on them they were literally incapable of playing their songs live, and then I made it a habit to not check up on them haha.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
I still love their first two albums. No shame. Then they started "maturing" which is stupid because AGATG is supposed to be a joke band.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Last edited by synestershadows at Mar 22, 2011,
Page 1 of 2