hey, so I was looking on ebay for used loop pedals like the BOSS ,because I don't realy want to pay that much for a pedal that I probably wouldn't use that much, and I noticed some true bypass £20-£30 ($30-$50 roughly) does anyone know if these are any good and how long they actually record sound for?

I currently have an epiphone les paul plus top and vox vt20 (brilliant amp by the way)

Thanks
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

Different sort of loopers dude, They have an FX loop, and you can put a few different FX in the loop as sort of a 'preset' Setting.
Hope that helps
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

thanks buddy have you had one yourself?

and I know i dont need a new amp lol that amp is great and only had it about 3 months

Can we get a link to see what you are talking about? It sounds like those are bypass loop pedals where you essentially create an effects loop in your signal chain. There is no way that a looper pedal is going to cost only $30 bucks.
sorry guys ****ed up big time their !

Yeah that isn't a recording looper.
Its a signal chain bypass looper.
Did you not see the diagrams at the bottom of the listing?
Clearly recording loopers don't allow you to use multiple guitars or multiple amps.
yep to be honest I just read the name *slaps head* lolol

Quote by DavmanRFC
yep to be honest I just read the name *slaps head* lolol

Yeah English is a bitch. 1 word to mean multiple things for various situations. LOL
Quote by white_ibanez10
you do not need a new amp
If he wants to use a looper then he may need a new amp.

A looper isn't going to work well with a multifx amp because the looper needs to be after all the FX/Distortion/Amp Modeling.
haha too true. My old English teacher was a bitch come to think of it :/

looks like its gonna have to be a boss rc-2 any other recommendations?

Quote by Sputnik1
Yeah English is a bitch. 1 word to mean multiple things for various situations. LOL

English isn't that difficult, also it says true bypass looper right in the title and that only has one meaning
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
English isn't that difficult, also it says true bypass looper right in the title and that only has one meaning

All he said was looper. That could mean two different things to me right off the bat and the TS didn't know the difference.
I know English isn't difficult for a natural born in an English speaking country, but for some foreigners English it's like Chinese.

And seriously did you need to comment.
the title of the ebay ad clearly says true bypass looper
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by lbj273
the title of the ebay ad clearly says true bypass looper

Again he didn't know the difference and he didn't say specifically what it was until he posted the link. Why do you keep saying the same thing?
sputnik, it clearly says true bypass

:P
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
sputnik, it clearly says true bypass

:P

Give the noob a break and what is "it"?
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Mar 22, 2011,
i was just messing with you sputnik haha. just trying to make a little joke.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I was like WTF. What does it being true bypass have to do with anything? LOL
I got to make my Boss RC2 true bypass to get pure tonez!
Quote by fly135
If he wants to use a looper then he may need a new amp.

A looper isn't going to work well with a multifx amp because the looper needs to be after all the FX/Distortion/Amp Modeling.

Errr, no he doesn't. Don't be stupid, you can loop through any amp, it's not mandatory to use all the built-in gimmicks.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Errr, no he doesn't. Don't be stupid, you can loop through any amp, it's not mandatory to use all the built-in gimmicks.

i tihnk he just means that if you loop something with a clean tone and then turn on some distortion and delay form the amp to play a solo, it will put those effects on the loop as well. which kinda limits the use of the looper.

edit: but i totally agree, he has no need for a new amp

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Who has delay on their amp unless they have a Spider?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
You're not the sharpest tool in the drawer are you? The post I was replaying to was making a joke about all the "you need a new amp" recommendations. However, a lot of times the first question people have is... why does their loop sounded like crap, because they don't understand a looper has to be after the distortion and FX. So I thought it was a bit ironic the joke about not needing a new amp.

The fact is that for most people a looper cannot be used as much more than a rudimentary practice tool if you don't use the distortion and FX on your modeling amp. And your claim that you can't "use *all* the built-in gimmicks" is off base. You can't use hardly any of your "gimmicks" when using a looper. So back to school for you.