I know you've heard this story before... The Ibanez vs. LTD, most people are going to side the LTD because they have in there head the Ibanez is trash. And anyone with the right mind would say the EC1k would blow the RG321 outta the water. (and it would) but I'm looking for fixed bridge and the RG321 looked nice and I was thinking if I could get some EMG's and just switch the pups out. Would it compare to the EC1000?
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
Last edited by mwiguitar62 at Mar 21, 2011,
better pickups can never make up for the lack of quality tonewoods.

There are a lot of high end fixed bridge Ibanezes. Just do some research. The first one that comes to mind off the top of my head is the RGT42FX.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
No.

LTD is superior in every way.

I'm an Ibanez fan by the way.

If you wanted a comparable Ibanez with a hard tail, look out for a 2nd hand Ibanez RGA121, which in turn would blow the EC1000 away.

inb4 John saying the LTD is crap because its an LTD.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

inb4 John saying the LTD is crap because its an LTD.

That shit gets so old though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The RG321 is a very nice guitar, especially considering the modest price tag.

I wouldn't say it's fair to compare it to the EC1000; even if you add in the cost of a pickup swap the LTD is quite a bit more expensive.

Also, why are you swapping the pickups in the first place? Granted, Ibanez' stock pickups aren't very exciting, but they're not bad, either. If you go for the Ibanez, just play it for a while and see how you like the sound. Also, unless you have a good amp, a pickup swap will be a waste of money anyway.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
As an owner of an EC1000, I must say the LTD is better. Because it is. I'm not an Ibanez hater, so don't say that. I'm actually saving up for one right now
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Well in all honesty, its a budget of about 500$. I know a guy that is selling the EC1k for about that.
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
Yeah, get it. I was lucky I got mine on sale for $600, they are close to $900 new.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I have the LTD and an Ibanez of comparable level (at least I think so...). It really just depends on the day on which I like more.

With the Ibanez, you have a larger scale length, meh pickups, but a cheaper price tag to upgrade pickups and tuners with whatever you want.

The LTD has a shorter scale length, EMGs (good or bad depending on what you play), locking tuners, and a much more expensive price tag.

My advice: Go play both before making a decision and see which feels more comfortable to you. Remember you can always do a pickup swap in the Ibanez as well.

EDIT: My Ibanez is also basswood instead of mahogany.
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
Last edited by Blbmbr666 at Mar 21, 2011,