anyone else here like Boston? i think they an amazing guitar tone and awesome guitar harmonys as well as a great singer.
They were great! Early stuff was awesome, later stuff got a little redundant. Tom Shultz (sp?) was quite the guitarist. I heard he built most of his own effects. I'm not sure how true that is but I believe he at least had a hand in putting most of it together. Brad Delp (sp? again?) was one of the finest singers in classic rock if you ask me. So powerful and crisp. Right on point. Smokin' is one of my favorites. Awesome jam!

Too bad Brad went out the way he did. He actually live around the corner from me when I was a kid in Londonderry New Hampshire. My sister babysat for him a few times actually. Last I heard he had a Beatles cover band that played around the New England area. Sounded like he was doing well and having a good time. I was shocked when I heard the news!
Guitars:
Gibson SG
'96 Fender Strat
Ibanez AS120

Amps:
100w All tube 2x12 custom

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
EP Boost
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9
RAH OD
Strymon Lex
Timeline
TC Trinity
That's awesome that you lived near Brad, would have loved to have seen them live, but sadly that can't happen anymore. Great band that didn't get the credit they deserve
Huge Boston fan here, everytime I hear Peace of Mind it just takes me away and I scream it all out.

I UNDERSTAND ABOUT INDECISION
I don't know much of their stuff, but what I have heard is just amazing. Peace Of Mind and Amanda are my favorite Boston songs.
Quote by Jacobrivers8
That's awesome that you lived near Brad, would have loved to have seen them live, but sadly that can't happen anymore. Great band that didn't get the credit they deserve

What do you mean? Their debut's the second best-selling debut album in U.S. history, and they're on the radio all the time.
True, true i probably said that cause at my school most people listen to metalcore and pop-punk or top 40 stuff and not alot of people listen to classic bands, sometimes feel like im in a small group of people who like the old school rock'n'roll
Boston is smoking! When I listen to their songs I get more than a feeling.
HARE KRISHNA!
Finally, a thread devoted to Boston. Their first album was awesome. Then, it took them decades to put out a second album and an even longer time to put out a third one. I guess they lost a lot of momentum (sort of like what Guns N Roses is currently doing).

Does anyone else feel that they took too much time to release music and lost momentum???

ron666
IMO no matter what the quality of the later stuff is there first album is still one of the greatest classic rock albums
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Tom Sholz is the owner of one of the greatest guitar tones to ever be recorded.
Last edited by Goat Head Stew at Apr 18, 2011,
Tom Sholz in the owner of one of the greatest guitar tones to ever be recorded.

Agreed man thats one of my favorite things about these guys
Whenever someone asks me what a Dimarzio Super Distortion sounds like, I say, "Listen to Boston." And they get the idea. That is some of the most mouth watering guitar tone that I ever heard. It is fat and crunchy yet warm at the same time.
My favorite thing about Boston was probably the bass lines. Piece of Mind is fairly confusing to play on a Bass! Not to forget Foreplay/Longtime. Scholz was not just an amazing guitarist, but also came up with some really unforgettable bass lines as well!!
Boston is awesome! Their singer and guitar player are great!

I love Rock N Roll Band and Peace of Mind. Amanda is awesome too.
Boston's Band-members, Musicians and Performers

Bradley Delp (d. March 9, 2007) Vocals, Acoustic guitar
Tom Scholz Guitars, Keyboards, Bass
Barry Goudreau Guitars
Fran Sheehan Bass
Sib Hashian Drums
Jim Masdea Drums (on Rock and Roll Band )

Lucas
Quote by Shrub74
Huge Boston fan here, everytime I hear Peace of Mind it just takes me away and I scream it all out.

I UNDERSTAND ABOUT INDECISION

I DON'T CARE IF I GET BEHIND
It is impossible to listen to Peace of Mind and not get into a great mood. All there music puts me in a good mood.

I think Tom Shultz basically wrote and recorded demos in his basement for that first Boston album. He didnt even have a band or record label or anything. Just did it.

The "Dont look back" record IMO is one of the best mixed albums ever.
OMW YES! Boston is like possibly my fav band. People tell me that you know your fav band/artist when you like every single song that band/artist releases... I don't hate or dislike for a second a single song from Boston. I just wish they had more....
awesome rock band from any era. brad delp was the best singer for rock...may he rest in peace. i saw them in 86, wow..