I have an ibanez s570b and im looking to replace the pickups. what are some good pickups for this guitar? I want something versatile, decent cleans, but with more emphasis on distortion. I like a lot of mids in my tone, something like this at 2:40:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJ6x4z9Cg4
the person with the redish guitar.

Just something versatile, I play rock to metal most of the time, but I still play other genres sometimes (such as blues)

I have a 75 watt randall tube combo amp which serves me very well, but there's still something missing (not exactly sure how to describe it). The pickups are kind of dull, and don't sound full enough.

I'm only looking at passive pickups, and my price range is around 100$ per pickup, which seems to be the average price for most pickups.

I think I covered mostly everything, any sugestions? Thanks in adavnce.
Take a look into Seymour Duncans and Dimarzios. I highly recommend them-- there's obviously lots of different kinds but you will need to decide for yourself.
DiMarzio's website is very helpful. They have a pickup finder for you.

But my advice:
Middle Single coil: Area 61
Neck: PAF Joe
Bridge: D-Sonic

It's my favorite Humbucker combo.
Quote by nignog
Take a look into Seymour Duncans and Dimarzios. I highly recommend them-- there's obviously lots of different kinds but you will need to decide for yourself.

I'm definitely looking into seymour duncan and dimarzio, they both seem like good companies.

Actually:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuk54m4iJNc&feature=related

I'm thinking about that pickup set, that guy has the tone I want. So far I'm looking at for Seymour duncan:

Sh5 and sh1 in bridge and neck position

or

sh4 and sh2

which set would you recommend?

I don't really know much about dimarzio though, they seem popular with ibanez, I checked out the pickups the guy above me posted (thanks for the input), but it doesn't seem like the exact tone I want, but i dont like how they only offered audio clips of professional recording, and how they they were from all different bands using different guitars for all of the pickups.

Any other suggestions?

btw how you I describe the sound of the distorted guitar in the clip i posted?
Last edited by zincabopataurio at Mar 21, 2011,