Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where it went to be honest with you. Anyways, I have a question that has been driving me nuts. I've been tabbing my ideas in GP6, and don't know how to tab something.

In standard 4/4 timing, you've got quarter notes (so like 1 1 1 1, where each 1 occurs on a beat. Then you've got 1/8 notes, so like 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 (or one-two one- two one-two one-two) where each 1-2 occurs on a beat. Then 16th notes, 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 where each 1-2-3-4 occurs on a beat. My question, how in the hell do you tab in guitar Pro 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 (where each 1-2-3 occurs on a beat) in standard 4/4 timing? Is that actually changing to a different time signature? Or is that 4/4 timing with one of the "triplet feel" settings? Does my question make sense?

I would really appreciate any help you can give, theory wise or GP6 wise that could help with what I'm trying to do. Thanks!
Triplet 8th notes
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
just to the right of the notes in the tool bar there is a button that u can click to make the current note selected a dotted note, and just to the right of that is a triplet button that makes the current note a triplet version, but 3 1/8 notes then higlight them and click this triplet button and you will get your desired effect
Quote by Scottorocker
just to the right of the notes in the tool bar there is a button that u can click to make the current note selected a dotted note, and just to the right of that is a triplet button that makes the current note a triplet version, but 3 1/8 notes then higlight them and click this triplet button and you will get your desired effect

THANK YOU!!! This was exactly what I was looking for. Theory wise, this is still technically 4/4 timing isnt it?
Yes, it is still 4/4
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
This is a screenshot from GP5, but I wouldn't imagine that GP6's format is all that different. You need these buttons pressed:
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
^yeah, it was similar in GP 6 except the 3 button is below in the editor ; ) Thanks