they both have 2 P90 pickups, but the quality and specs of the P90's will be vastly different from the epi to the gibson.
This is kind of like the difference between Fender and Squire. There's a quality difference between the two. The other thing you're paying for is the name. It costs money to have the Gibson name on your headstock. Is it worth it to pay the extra for the Gibby? To me, yes.
Sorry I didn't explaint enough.

I KNOW that Epiphones are a different wood, quality of built etc...

But mostly the pick ups. If they are the same model, what would really change between Epiphone P90 and Gibson P90 ?
It's going to feel different and things will be more quality.

The pickups in the gibson are going to sound more quality because of the build and woods.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by alans056
Sorry I didn't explaint enough.

I KNOW that Epiphones are a different wood, quality of built etc...

But mostly the pick ups. If they are the same model, what would really change between Epiphone P90 and Gibson P90 ?

They're the same TYPE of pickup, but they're not of the same quality. Cheaper pickups tend to be harsher and less musical.
Would you consider yourself an expert player? If not you may not be able to tell a differenc in the sound. I'm actually a big fan of Epiphone, and I thing a good Epiphone LP like the Custom or even the Standard can be an excellent guitar that sounds great and looks great. The biggest cost difference between the two is the Epi's are made overseas and make use of the cheaper labor and more automated machines. The Gibsons are all hand made in the USA.

The Special will look and feel pretty cheap though, and you may not be very happy with it after a while. That's actually true for the Gibson as well. I'd take an Epi LP Plus or LP custom over the a Gibson LP Special or Melody Maker anyday.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Actually I already have a Epi Les Paul Custom with Gibson 57 Classics inside.

But I really love the look of the special in yellow... But you say it will feel cheap ? Why ?
Quote by alans056
Actually I already have a Epi Les Paul Custom with Gibson 57 Classics inside.

But I really love the look of the special in yellow... But you say it will feel cheap ? Why ?

low grade wood, not very dense, will feel light. Pickguard is thin as paper, neck blocky IMHO. Also it doesn't have the curved top your custom does. Even the Gibson is a step down from your Epi Custom. That being said, it's probably cool for a more punk rock, less pretty style of play if that's what you're going for. I wouldn't go less that the Les Paul studio though. Check my Youtube vids for a Gibson Les Paul studio in play.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Quote by 1500 meanstreak
Would you consider yourself an expert player? If not you may not be able to tell a differenc in the sound. I'm actually a big fan of Epiphone, and I thing a good Epiphone LP like the Custom or even the Standard can be an excellent guitar that sounds great and looks great. The biggest cost difference between the two is the Epi's are made overseas and make use of the cheaper labor and more automated machines. The Gibsons are all hand made in the USA.

The Special will look and feel pretty cheap though, and you may not be very happy with it after a while. That's actually true for the Gibson as well. I'd take an Epi LP Plus or LP custom over the a Gibson LP Special or Melody Maker anyday.

sorry but Gibson's aren't all hand made not even close. the gibson factory has machines just like the ones overseas. i think you'll find that the process is pretty much the same on either side of the pond. american made guitars do usually use better materials and of course there is the labor which is more expensive.
I see thank you. Well I sometimes fing my LP Custom a bit heavy, so a lighter guitar would be nice. And the neck looks fast anf easy to play so, I mean sure I don't expect the built quality to be awesome, but just a cool guitar to play why not ?

EDIT: And no, I'm not an expert player at all. I've been playing for 1 year. I can play some cool stuff but I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference between EPI pups and Gibson pups of the same model exept if the Epi are REALLY awful, which I hope not.
Last edited by alans056 at Mar 21, 2011,
Inb4 epiphone flaming....
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.