okay so I am planning to save some money up and purchase a multi-fx pedal to broaden my sonic playing field. I have narrowed it down to be between the Vox Tonelab ST and BOSS ME-25. I have a Vox Valvetronix VT30 amp (I know modeling plus muti-fx isn't always good, but it's all i have) and play very small church gigs and in my bedroom. I play all kinds of music so either one would help there. If it matters, I use a knock-off strat (the Starcaster) and a Jackson Kelly.

So could anyone spare some wisdom and help me out?
The Music Stuff:
Fender Starcaster (Strat version)
Jackson Kelly
Epiphone PR-4ENA Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Lanikai LU-22 Concert Ukulele
Yamaha YPT-300 Keyboard

Darian JoAnna MacAllister = My Life
Get a line 6 m9 instead.

Quote by droppedmybrain
look at the Line 6 M9, or the PODHD range

Strong wisdom right der.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by droppedmybrain
or the PODHD range

I second this idea, I was at guitar center today to try one of these out. They might not have a thousand amp models like Digitech or Boss, but the models that they do have are done well. The effects are really good too.
i have an HD500 and the effects in it are the best in any multi unit i've used, i adore it. Can't recommend it enough. Also, the amp models sound great when you record straight from the usb, which is always handy.
well Line6 hasn't always been my first brand to go to, after the (in my opinion) of the spider series. My friend has an HD500 but it seems to be the only PODHD that is worth the money. The others are a little more money than i think i will be able to get very easily anyway.

I tried to find the M9 on guitar center's website just a second ago and there was only a used one that was more than the Vox or the BOSS.
The Music Stuff:
Jackson Kelly
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Yamaha YPT-300 Keyboard

I own an HD500 and it is the best thing I ever bought in my life. It's so much to use it, it sounds great through USB and it's extremely versatile. Highly recommended. Get the 500 version though: most bang for your buck.
Yeah
also i just read that you are more than likely gonna need a major software update for even okay distortion and I'm not cool with that with my mediocre internet connection.
The Music Stuff:
Jackson Kelly
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Yamaha YPT-300 Keyboard

I'll answer your orginal question.

The ST has better ergonomics. It's controls are simplier and laid out better.

The ME-25 has several advantages in features.

1) The ME has separate modulation and delay, the ST does not.
2) The ME has a freeze effect, which IMO is cool.
3) The ME has a 38 sec looper, the ST has none.

I have an ME-25 and like it. Sure the HD500 is better but I only paid $125 for my ME used. The clips Sneaky, Unsynced Jam, and El Loco in my profile are all using the ME-25's looper. You can hear the Freeze starting @ 3:00 in Sneaky.
Thanks fly135 for your answer, because I hadn't realized that the ST didn't have a looper so that may be the deal breaker. I also think that the freeze effect is very cool but as for the delay and mod separation didn't make too much difference to me since I'm also lookin to get a MXR carbon copy. Thanks again.
The Music Stuff:
Jackson Kelly
Vox Valvetronix VT30
Yamaha YPT-300 Keyboard