I have full volume practice with my band. Drummer bangs on the drums like a maniac and the guitarist can barely be heard over the drummer with his 15 watt amp. Me? I use an Acoustic B100 and I can barely be heard unless I turn the gain all the way up (which I hate). I like to play with the gain at the 9 o clock or less

Could you guys please recommend me an amp that is loud even with the gain at low levels?

I mostly play music like zeppelin and sabbath.

My budget is around $500 but i could go a bit over.
If you're willing to go used, there are some really loud old Peavey heads out there that aren't too expensive. Old Peavey Mark series heads and Firebasses usually aren't too expensive, leaving you with enough to get a used 1x15 cab or something.

GK RB series heads, Ashdown MAGs, and some Hartke's can also be found on the cheap and paired with a used 4x10 or 1x15, should be plenty loud.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Hmm I don't feel too comfortable going used with such a big purchase. I plan on buying the guitar center insurance. What do You guys think of the Fender Rumble 350?
IMO, the Rumble leaves much to be desired. I'd suggest you try out one of the new Peavey TKO or TNT if you get a chance. Great prices for solid wattage; unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to try one yet, but I've seen good reviews nearly universally.
Quote by sticksause
Hmm I don't feel too comfortable going used with such a big purchase. I plan on buying the guitar center insurance. What do You guys think of the Fender Rumble 350?

Apparently Fender has gotten their act together with the Rumbles a bit more in the last year or so, but they're still very mediocre amps. They'll work, but they're not the best you could do.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I would go with the B200 I love the way mine sounds and seems to be loud enough. I haven't had a chance to test it with a drummer yet.
I would recommend my rig to absolutely anyone. I played through Ampeg for 9 years. Got rid of it and got my GK 1001 RB-II and SWR Workingman's Tower. It sounds freaking phoenominal and will literally rattle your bones. It's at least as bassy as a comparable Ampeg, and because it has a tweeter (Ampeg doesn't), it sounds much cleaner. The cab has just a little bit smaller dimensions, is 50 lbs lighter, and has the exact same speakers as Ampeg. I can get any tone out of that setup. It's amazingly versatile. You may be able to find the two of them used, not abused, for about $700. It just requires a little patience. Pretty much every guitar blogsite has a spot for used gear. Go through all of the sites you can find, and see what you can dig up. Then, you can let your guitarist use the B100, and the two of you should be able to hold your ground. If you end up needing more, you won't for a long time. I've been playing for 25 years, and my rig is set.

"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Last edited by deeptubes at Mar 22, 2011,