Hey, so I'm in the middle of negotiating a trade with a fellow guitarist. He wants $1,000 plus my Agile Interceptor Pro for an ESP Horizon Brett Garsed Model. The thing is, I can't seem to find much information on this guitar other than the price and a couple reviews (which were very positive) so I was just wondering, is this a good trade?
Last edited by hairy-southpaw at Mar 22, 2011,
basically you need need to decide if the guitar is 1000 better than your own. also keep in mind that with that 1000 you could get another awesome guitar (or two) or an awesome amp. 1000 is a lot of money to put down plus your own guitar. i personally wouldn't do it, but i dont like to have guitars that expensive around haha.

jusat saw the esp online for 3000, so could be a good trade value-wise if the esp is in good condition. i still wouldnt do it though. save the 1000 or buy some other goodies with it
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Seems fair.
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
I really like that Agile guitar, a lot of the "value" of the horizon is just becuase it's hand made in japan, so if thats important to you then trade. If you're sick of the agile i'd still try haggling a bit.
Some factors to go with my post. I don't care for my Agile, I just can't handle the floyd rose and the seven strings. Also, I'm left handed. So it's slim pickings for me already. I've been looking for a new guitar for a while with no luck so far.
Quote by Darkflame
well in this case I would do it... if you don't care about the guitar and want this one, go for it, value-wise you can't go wrong and might sell it for more if you're not satisfied =)

given that you don't really like your guitar, i'd have to agree with darkflame and say it mihgt be the best choice for you to do the trade. i'd see if you could possibly haggle a hundred or two off the price though. cant hurt to try
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Actually that price is post haggle. He was already going pretty cheap, so I wasn't able to chip much of the price off.