Hey guys, I'm looking to get a delay and reverb pedal (most likely an expression as well, but that will need to wait a few months) for the purpose of experimental ambient sounds.

I've got about $300 to spend.

I'm currently heavily leaning on the boss dd7 for the delay, the reverb is where I'm mostly stuck.

I wanted to get the hardwire rv7 reverb (love the tones) but it seems to trail off too quickly and doesn't built as spacious a sound as ambient music would require.

The verbzilla seems pretty good on octo/cave settings. . .

Any advice?

Thanks.
the verbzilla is good for what you want. also the boss rv-3. it isn't made anymore, but they can be found used. tons of ambient/post rock guys use those. i'd also look into either an analog delay, or even another digital delay that you can find within budget just because having 2 delays = awesome, and again, it is another thing ambient guys do.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
the verbzilla is good for what you want. also the boss rv-3. it isn't made anymore, but they can be found used. tons of ambient/post rock guys use those. i'd also look into either an analog delay, or even another digital delay that you can find within budget just because having 2 delays = awesome, and again, it is another thing ambient guys do.

Yeah I was thinking about eventually getting another delay for that cascading sound, is it usually best to set it up as delay->reverb->delay in that case (otherwise reverb after delay?)?

Do you like the dd7 for a delay pedal?
i think the dd-7 is pretty good. i'd choose a dd-20 or dl4 over it, but both of those are more expensive.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣