I have a question for everybody who lives in very humid areas, like warm coastal regions.

How do you keep the humidity low enough for your nice acoustics?

I know everyone says keep it in a closet with a dehumidifier, but all of the small dehumidifiers I look at have reviews saying that they suck.

So do any of you have recommendations for dehumidifiers or other ways of regulating the rh?
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
it sometimes gets pretty humid here, and so we got a dehumidifier, not a closet one but one that does 300 square feet. and while every humidifier and dehumidifier have some bad reviews, we finally bit the bullet and chose one, which works fine. keep in mind that EVERY electronic product has around a 10% failure rate, and buy from a place like amazon with an excellent exchange policy. we always buy this sort of stuff from amazon as they pay return shipping and often send the replacement even before we've sent the item we're returning.

chances are good that some of the users who are giving the negative reviews are using their dehumidifiers in spaces far too large to be effective.

if you have an air conditioner, it will also pull water out of the air effectively.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I have a friend who uses a portable dehumidifier that he places in the hole of his acoustic. I can't think of what brand it is, but it exists.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Ok, cool thanks. I'm gonna keep skimming amazon and find one that sounds like it will fit my needs. A lot of people seem to be saying they cant handle their bedroom, so I'm betting they can probably handle my closet.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
i'm betting you're right as long as you keep your closet closed. in fact, get a hygrometer, too, to make sure you don't overdry your closet - and your guitar!
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!