So by turning my master volume on my Peavey TNT 115 at a speed any faster than really frikin slow, my amp emits a loud pop that clips the speaker. What's wrong with it? Is it just a bad knob?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Mar 22, 2011,
Quote by Casketcreep
Is it an actual pop or is it more of a static sound?
And is there volume fluctuation when you play? (without touching the dial)

No, it's a pop. An insanely loud pop. And no, it works just fine except for the pop.

EDIT: It could possibly be very loud static, maybe. But it's not as consistent as normal static, there's only two or three pops most of the time. And the actual volume of the amp doesn't affect how loud it is. It also doesn't seem as loud in the video as it actually is.

Watch for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peIE59lHZR0

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Mar 22, 2011,
Jesus, I've never seen or heard of that before.
I wouldn't bloody touch the thing to be honest, something is messing up and sending a lot of power to the speaker cone when it shouldn't be.

It could still just be a damaged pot but replacing it is not for an amateur.
Unfortunately your only option is to go down to your local guitar shop and they will most likely fleece you to replace it.

But if you do, can you do us here in the bass forum a favour and get the guy to explain what was wrong with it? It could help someone out in the future.
The only thing I could think that's wrong is that the pot needs a clean or something come loose somewhere..But go take it to a tech, not a guitar store. The store will charge loads more than it should compared to a home run tech business. It could just be as simple as replacing the pot, which would cost something like $5.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I have enough electrical knowledge to have a theory, but not enough to explian said theory but who cares, im probably wrong.

do what casketcreep said this is sketchy
no sir away a papaya war is on