So if a person is sort of blues and rock guitarist is it comfortable for him to play fast Metal or death metal shreds? I mean will he be comfortable is adjusting to different styles. Like BB king trying to Play "Touch like an angel of death--Children of Bodom"
ACE AND THE ASS
bb king wouldnt play COB.

its the same stuff, picking, fretting notes.. just maybe a bit faster depending on what kind of blues.
unless youre used to writing blues then it wont be a problem
Quote by SKArface McDank
bb king wouldnt play COB.

its the same stuff, picking, fretting notes.. just maybe a bit faster depending on what kind of blues.
unless youre used to writing blues then it wont be a problem

I mean if he were supposed to play! Would it be easy for him. I wanna know it for myself. I find it comfortable to solo over rock and bluesy chord progression than over hardcore or metal and I love metal!!
ACE AND THE ASS
BB King said himself that he can't play as fast as all those guitar kids playin' metal. Look on it from the physical side, metal music is one of the hardest things in guitar playing. So it won't be as easy
Even going the other way I'd imagine would be quite hard... The tonality and feel of blues are also hard to achieve. Techniques might be different too e.g. palm muting
Adjusting to a different style isn't easy. You'll have to dedicate more time listening to it and learning the theory and techniques used in it.
Quote by Aindreas
BB King said himself that he can't play as fast as all those guitar kids playin' metal. Look on it from the physical side, metal music is one of the hardest things in guitar playing. So it won't be as easy

i believe from "Physical Side" you mean physical stamina. What can a person do to actually change his style from Blues to metal
ACE AND THE ASS
Quote by Amer91
Adjusting to a different style isn't easy. You'll have to dedicate more time listening to it and learning the theory and techniques used in it.

Keeping the techniques aside what theory might be necessary.
ACE AND THE ASS
Adjusting your styles is easy with practice. I play metal, rock, blues & jazz solos. It's all about learning the little intracacies in each style and using them effectively.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by seeneyj
Adjusting your styles is easy with practice. I play metal, rock, blues & jazz solos. It's all about learning the little intracacies in each style and using them effectively.

I believe you're the right person who can help me. Now i am good with blues and rock solos but I wanna play metal riffs and I wanna shred! What should i do? What should I learn considering I already know all the techniques and major,minor,pentatonic and harmonic scales.
ACE AND THE ASS