after a long hard look to find a MIJ Fender, i never found one!

soo ive got 650 coming on money and am looking at going used on a fender MIA standard Stratocaster.

Whats the Tremolo like when its setup well?
does it stay in tune?
will i need to mod anything eg tremolo block, tuners, saddles and pickups?

i feel like id end up putting in bareknuckle mothers milk RHCP set!

and shaller locking tuners?

i play everything and have massive influence on john fustanite and jimi hendrix, and maybe rivers curomo in his younger days? but he played and SG..

and how is the fender american doing right now with stock control?

any other advise will be greatly thanked!
Last edited by Miteour18 at Mar 22, 2011,
I may sound like a grumpy old man, but it really pisses me off when people don't say what currency they're using.
Anyway... with a good setup, it's a good guitar. I recently bought a 1997 Deluxe Roadhouse (USA model), and it's a lot nicer than the newer ones IMO. Same deal with the USA Lonestar models. Manufacturers are much more restricted in the woods that they use now. 10+ years ago, they weren't so limited.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Last edited by jimbob78 at Mar 22, 2011,
Quote by jimbob78
I may sound like a grumpy old man, but it really pisses me off when people don't say what currency they're using.
Anyway... with a good setup, it's a good guitar. I recently bought a 1997 Deluxe Roadhouse (USA model), and it's a lot nicer than the newer ones IMO. Same deal with the USA Lonestar models. Manufacturers are much more restricted in the woods that they use now. 10+ years ago, they weren't so limited.

im using Pounds in the uk
with a good set up it will stay in tune reasonably well, with locking tuners even better. the stock pickups lean toward a more traditional fender sound so you might not like them as much as others.
Quote by monwobobbo
with a good set up it will stay in tune reasonably well, with locking tuners even better. the stock pickups lean toward a more traditional fender sound so you might not like them as much as others.

Is the neck laugurs or a thin coat of nitro?

Ill change the pups to BKP