Hi, I’m deano_l. Long time lurker and first time poster. I have a question about hardware monitoring/zero latency monitoring.

Basically the Emu 0404 USB interface I have on order has a little button to route the guitar/mic input directly to the speaker outs/headphone out, for zero-latency monitoring. So far, so easy and straightforward. However, as most of you are aware, that signal is dry. No effects at all.

Can I take the speaker or headphone signal from the zero-latency monitoring and feed it into the guitar input of my Korg PX5D multi-effects processor, so I can add some effects to the signal to get a better experience during monitoring whilst tracking my guitar signal?

Would it work if I kept the zero-latency monitor signal down, or is my option a non-starter? Has anyone tried this?

I’ve googled this and can’t find the answer, so I thought I’d ask directly.
not if your guitar is running through there originally. you'd have to have two completely separate channel paths through the Korg. if your guitar is not going through it, why would you want to hear a different effect than you're using?

i'm putting money on the fact that once you try monitoring with "latency" you'll realize it's such a small amount that's not even noticeable. that way you'll be hearing exactly what is going to tape.
No, it wouldn't be. The path would be guitar to Hi-Z input of 0404. This into Cubase to record the guitar track dry. The direct monitor output of the 0404 into the PX5D and add some effects. The output of the PX5D into my headphones.

The net effect is that I would be able to hear a nice guitar sound with effects, but without latency, and end up with a dry signal on the track.

Of course I would have to disable playback of any previously recorded tracks otherwise they will be fed through the PX5D as well.

I'm sure you're right about the latency, but I was wondering if this is an option.
you're only going to hear what's going through the interface.

if you want to hear what's after it aka hear the guitar effects then you have to monitor from your computer.