Peavey Vypyr Tube 120?

I want a good chugga chugga sound for riffing, i need that BFMV sound. without buying a 6505 and a cab as this is 4x the price! =/

Let me know...

btw my axe is a jackson rhoads with emg's 81/85
save your money and get the 6505+ 1x12. you will be so much more satisfied. it's portable, loud enough for gigs and practice, and gives you the same tone as the 2x12 and head versions.

plus emgs sound a crapload better through a tube amp. the vyper tube is more of a hybrid i beliveve. solid state preamp/ tube power amp. which still doesnt really make it a tube amp.

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
haha funny enough, it's actually $50 cheaper!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/6505112C/

and dont be fooled...60w tube is MORE than enough for almost any live situation. plus it has a direct out xlr, so you can plug in straight to the PA

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
Ok awesome, i will invest!! if i had realised this was cheaper i would have gone there first lol

Cheers mate
I would take a Vypyr Tube over a 6505+ 112 any day, no questions. The 112's really don't have the same tone as it's bigger brothers - it's quite cheap in comparison actually, sonically and structurally. The Vypyr model of the 6505 sounds really really good for a model, especially on the tube model. It's at least on par with the 6505+ 112.

On top of that, the Vypyr is about 50x as versatile, and you can also get Padge's sound, due to the Rec model.

EDIT: That said, the 6505+ is more "real", in that it has an FX loop, and you can choose whichever pedals you'd like, as well as mod the amp, if you ever want to do that. And you don't have to get a new amp if it breaks, which can be seen as a huge bonus. Although as far as repair/maintenance goes, the Vypyr is tube, so that puts them at much more of an equal footing, making the decision harder.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 22, 2011,
Get a used 5150/6505 2x12 combo its leauges better than the 1x12 imo
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean