I'd like to sort this problem out I've had for ages, so obviously my patch cables go into a pedal in the right and out of the left, how do I set my pedals up like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGQpS7TKBcs

Once i've got 4 in a row I want to have another line of pedals underneath, do I need to buy a bigger patch cable to achieve this? If so what length as I don't want lots long cables everywhere.

I'm currently using Planet Waves PW-CGTP-305 Classic Series, whats the best to use?
Your post sounds like you want a spool of instrument cable and various cable ends to make custom cables... lots of stuff like that out there.

Nothing says that the pedals need to be arranged in the same order that they are in the signal chain.

When I set up a bunch of pedals (like 7 or 10) I put the ones I am likely to turn off/on the most in the front closest to me and run the cables where they need to go.

If you are looking for aesthetics, set the pedals up so that they look good to you, then connect them.

If you are going for function, then again, set them up to taste, then connect them.
You can go up and down in a zig zag pattern with 6" patches. It puts the cable at an awkward angle though, which can lead to cable failure over a long period of time. See the link in my sig to see what I mean. Sorry for the poor quality, I can't take pictures for crap
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X