Basically i have a line 6 spider 2 amp with all the effects, but the problem i have is when i play chords the distortion sounds terrible and just rather than sounding like a chord just sounds like noise, is there a distortion pedal that is going to give me good distortion without sounding terrible and will provide good distortion for songs like Welcome to the jungle, the wickerman, two minutes to midnight?

the style of music i play is Guns n roses, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue or anything lile 80's hair metal

any recommendations for a pedal or hell even a new amp that will give me that kind of clean distortion sound will be appreciated

thanks
There are some good pedals, but there's not much use building on top of crap (no offense). The Spiders aren't very good. The key to good tone is a good amp, as that is the very foundation of your sound.

What is your budget?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by SinisterSlashba
Basically i have a line 6 spider 2 amp with all the effects, but the problem i have is when i play chords the distortion sounds terrible and just rather than sounding like a chord just sounds like noise, is there a distortion pedal that is going to give me good distortion without sounding terrible and will provide good distortion for songs like Welcome to the jungle, the wickerman, two minutes to midnight?

the style of music i play is Guns n roses, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue or anything lile 80's hair metal

any recommendations for a pedal or hell even a new amp that will give me that kind of clean distortion sound will be appreciated

thanks

We have similar style, I play a lot of the hair metal and rock of the 80's. My choice of pedals has always been simple BOSS stomp boxes. Regardless of the amp I am on, I can achieve a tone I desire with the right combination. But at the very least I would recommend for the sound you want, get a BOSS Metal Zone MT-2 Distortion pedal, and the GE-7 Equalizer. Play through the clean channel of your Line 6, use moderate bass, high treble, low mid. And tune the equalizer to be more of a boost of the high frequencies. I don't think you will be disappointed. I play with a few more, such as a digital delay, and super chorus, and a bad horsie 2 wah. But the amps I am on is either my Peavey Surpreme half stack, or my Crate Flexwave. Neither of those amps are exactly top of the line, but there is virtually no difference switching from one to the other. So I would recommend trying the pedals before jumping the gun and upgrading to a bigger better amp. Worst case scenario, you still have to upgrade your amp, but this time you will have effects pedals to make it sound even better. Good luck, and rock on.
honestly, youre better off saving up for a better amp. spiders are about as bad as amps get as far as taking pedals go. how much are you willing to spend exactly?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!