Page 1 of 2
This thread is simple. State why you should never hold a position of power. By this I mean that you should never lead a country with unlimited power and no checks and balances. Basically, you should never be a despot because you would do something terrible.

Here's my story. Here's why I shouldn't hold absolute unlimited power.

Imagine for a moment that you have left university and you cant find a decent job so you take a job in retail just to tide you over until you find something better. Now imagine, you are stuck there for six months bored out of your skull and irritated at the state of the human race. You become dejected with the human race because for the past six months you have witnessed ceaseless, unmitigated stupidity on a level you thought was only reserved for retarded monkeys with half their brain missing.

There are far too many stories for me to go into but I seriously think I'm turning into a sociopath. I really would, if I ever had the power, go on a massive killing spree on the stupid and willfully ignorant. I would line them all up against a wall and have them shot in the head in front of their children. I would have their corpses raped in front of their children and then I would look the children sternly in their eyes and say:

"This is what happens when you are willfully ignorant."

And then proceed to butt them in the face with a rifle.

Have you ever met a person who is so ignorant, so stupid that after that person has gone, you are still lost for words; reeling in anger at how incredibly dense they are. Now imagine one in every three people with whom you interact with are on par if not worse than that person. Every day. For six months.

Have you noticed that when you look into a bright persons eyes, you can see a spark of wisdom. You can see that they are functioning on a higher level, and speaking to them you feel good?

Have you ever noticed that when you look into the eyes of a moron all you see is an unending blackness. A void of ignorance so deep it loses all properties of a physical reality and becomes something else. An ignorance so unending you wonder how the human race managed to make it this far? Its these people that would die.

So... Whats your perversion. What would you do with unlimited unanswerable power?
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I should never be a despot because I would do something terrible.

Edit: Holy shit dude chill out!
Last edited by LRCGUITAR at Mar 22, 2011,
You appear to have a lot of anger young man...
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
There was this one time someone said something ignorant to me, so I replied with "Sir, I don't take exception to your tone and the content of your dialogue was completely unfounded. Please go forth and educate yourself!". Then I shot him in the face with my dick-pistol.
Quote by benonbass1
Nobody who wants to rule should ever be allowed to rule.

I'ma kill you
Dude, you've got problems.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
If I had that power, I would make things right in the world. Sure there is corruption, but I will do my best to avoid it, and bring the world to a better place, so to speak.

I wouldn't let the power get to my head.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
If I had that power, I would make things right in the world. Sure there is corruption, but I will do my best to avoid it, and bring the world to a better place, so to speak.

I wouldn't let the power get to my head.

Quote by blake1221

It's true. I've seen how terrible this world is right now, and I want to fix it. I want to fix the corruption of the governments. I want to stop the retarded consumption of the Earth's resources such as oil, trees, gas, etc.

Reason why cigarettes aren't illegal? The companies pay a tax to the government. Sure it's an addiction, and some people like them. But it affects so many peoples health, and even the non-smokers.

So many things like that it pisses me off.

/rant
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I should never hold a position of unlimited power because I wouldn't want anyone else to do so.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Mostly because I'd be cruel, dishing out very harsh and unusual punishment for various things people who piss me off do. I'd also get very little done and only act in my own self-interest until a bunch of people get fed up and finally murder me and parade my corpse through the streets.

I enjoyed OP's rant, as a side note.
Quote by skylerjames13
It's true. I've seen how terrible this world is right now, and I want to fix it. I want to fix the corruption of the governments. I want to stop the retarded consumption of the Earth's resources such as oil, trees, gas, etc.

Reason why cigarettes aren't illegal? The companies pay a tax to the government. Sure it's an addiction, and some people like them. But it affects so many peoples health, and even the non-smokers.

/rant

It's easy to say it because you don't have the power, power corrupts no matter what.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Because I'd use my power to ensure that everybody has more fun than anybody should be allowed. Which may not be a bad thing, save that society would be in shambles very quickly.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
It depends on what power I have. God-like? I'd smite those who anger me and reward those who are good to me. I would never want people worshipping me and that would make me angry.

Political power is a myth.

Social power? I'd ruin those who hurt me.

Chill, brah.

I'd never hold a position of power purely because I'm too damn lazy. I have no idea how to fix things, I can't be bothered to find out how, and I know I'd abuse all the petty side effects of becoming a ruler. I'd have court jesters, and public food fights etc. Countries would be ruined.
I should never hold a position of power because all money available to me would be spent on bacon.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I would seriously never do anything, I'd be like "Why are you all standing here? Fuck off, Sunny's on in two minutes."
Quote by skylerjames13

/rant

lol.
See what Jew Chords said a few posts above.

This man approves this thread and TSs' wishes.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

This man approves this thread and TSs' wishes.

I saw that coming. Im still expecting another picture to be posted. Its pretty obvious...

Moving on...

I would probably get bored after a while... Say... 42 years.
if i had absolute power, i would imprison forever those who are far too angry, and take their anger out in dumb threads on the internet.

my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Quote by rotten_days
if i had absolute power, i would imprison forever those who are far too angry, and take their anger out in dumb threads on the internet.

Come get me bitch and we'll wrestle with our shirts off... (and I'll stab you in the face muahahaha)
Try being in retail for 2 years then tell me how angry and disappointed with humanity you are
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
After working in a liquor store in a very rural area for almost a year... I can concur with what TS says. There are certain people that, when you look at them, you can taste their stupid. They're so stupid, even my senses go, fuck it... you now taste with your eyes and have the ability to taste stupid... that's how dumb being in the proximity of this asshole has made you... so dumb you can't even see in a correct manner.

His reason is the same reason I should never hold serious power and authority.
I always thought I'd be pretty mental if I was a dictator.

Until I read this thread: now I realise I'd be a comparitivley nice dictator.
I wouldn't necessarily do something terrible, I would be stupid and do senseless things. You remember what Hitler did? I would do that to every ant on the face of the earth. Why? Because they didn't disappear when I was a kid.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
TS you could have summed this up by saying you worked in retail. I've worked in a shop on and off for about 4 years now I think, after you while you get better at burying the bitterness but it doesn't really go away.
I have too much regrettable online presence. That would never work in my favour in an election. UG is especially bad.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by Guitardude19
Come get me bitch and we'll wrestle with our shirts off... (and I'll stab you in the face muahahaha)

Are these two related? If so, I can only imagine what you plan on stabbing him in the face with. How did Jew Chords get the password to your account?
Quote by Guitardude19
This thread is simple. State why you should never hold a position of power. By this I mean that you should never lead a country with unlimited power and no checks and balances. Basically, you should never be a despot because you would do something terrible.

Here's my story. Here's why I shouldn't hold absolute unlimited power.

Imagine for a moment that you have left university and you cant find a decent job so you take a job in retail just to tide you over until you find something better. Now imagine, you are stuck there for six months bored out of your skull and irritated at the state of the human race. You become dejected with the human race because for the past six months you have witnessed ceaseless, unmitigated stupidity on a level you thought was only reserved for retarded monkeys with half their brain missing.

There are far too many stories for me to go into but I seriously think I'm turning into a sociopath. I really would, if I ever had the power, go on a massive killing spree on the stupid and willfully ignorant. I would line them all up against a wall and have them shot in the head in front of their children. I would have their corpses raped in front of their children and then I would look the children sternly in their eyes and say:

"This is what happens when you are willfully ignorant."

And then proceed to butt them in the face with a rifle.

Have you ever met a person who is so ignorant, so stupid that after that person has gone, you are still lost for words; reeling in anger at how incredibly dense they are. Now imagine one in every three people with whom you interact with are on par if not worse than that person. Every day. For six months.

Have you noticed that when you look into a bright persons eyes, you can see a spark of wisdom. You can see that they are functioning on a higher level, and speaking to them you feel good?

Have you ever noticed that when you look into the eyes of a moron all you see is an unending blackness. A void of ignorance so deep it loses all properties of a physical reality and becomes something else. An ignorance so unending you wonder how the human race managed to make it this far? Its these people that would die.

So... Whats your perversion. What would you do with unlimited unanswerable power?

dude, I haven't seen you around in a long time, good to see the wide world is treating you well

and I think a lot of us feel like this from time to time, I worked in a service station for 5 months last year, it definitely starts to wear on your patience for other people and there stupid opinions/problems.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Power over what? A country? The world? My local McDonald's?

In any case, I'd sell my power to the highest bidder. I like money.
I should never hold a position of power due to my cruelty in Command and Conquer games. I "torture" the enemy. My matches last for hours, because I slowly kill the enemy. Slowly, methodically, and somewhere in there, they lose hope.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Page 1 of 2