Page 1 of 3
A quality, quality band. Better than most music out there nowadays. Mike's voice is also awesome.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The amount of times I was going to make this thread when I was a fanboy a year ago...

Either way, solid band, best guys, super happy/maybe a little proud ( ) that they're playing in America and stuff. They deserve it, really hard working band (3 releases in just over a year, 2 of them albums, and they toured enough in 2010 that I saw them 5 times - they're from the opposite end of the country from me). I've not heard World Record yet, because my computer won't let me download anything, but I'm definitely excited to check it out. Feel like the hardcore forum isn't really the best place for them nowadays though...

EDIT: Mike in general is awesome. Him deciding to sing instead of shout was the best move he's ever made.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Most people seem to like them Danny haha, and you should've made a thread, no reason not to.

Also, I totally just wrote a Beech Like the Tree ripoff song, probably won't use it ever but it'll be fun to jam to.
Yes! <3
Quote by x_Hezee_x

My favorite bands are: Nickleback, Staind, Green Day, Disturbed and many more. I also like Songs that are being used in the WWE.

So gimme a shout out! im really looking for a Guitar Buddy
Quote by Kyle<3
Most people seem to like them Danny haha, and you should've made a thread, no reason not to.

Also, I totally just wrote a Beech Like the Tree ripoff song, probably won't use it ever but it'll be fun to jam to.

The riff from that song is so fun to play.

More irrelevant musings about LTA: their Police cover was really really good but they didn't make the best job of Never Meant by American Football.
They covered American Football? That doesn't seem right haha.

Quote by blake1221
I'm not sure I understand all the hype you guys have been giving them, to be honest.

I'm not hyping them, I just like them. They're not amazing, but they're solid.
Last edited by Kyle<3 at Mar 22, 2011,
I didn't mean hype in a bad way. Simply talking about them in a positive manner can be viewed as "hype." I just don't really see it...favorite song by them?
Yeah they did a covers EP pretty soon after Far Q came out. Covered Foo Fighters, Paramore, American Football and The Police. Was a pretty fun listen.

@blake, listen to "I'm Not Bulimic...", or "Bored", or something.
for once, I will say, this is okay. The vocals remind me of bear vs shark. I just wish there were more fast parts.
I like them, although, I can't listen to them too much or I get fed up of his singing voice.

Quote by technicolour
for once, I will say, this is okay. The vocals remind me of bear vs shark. I just wish there were more fast parts.

Far Q was generally a pretty fast album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVvTxYV_d9M

Also I love Bear vs Shark. I feel like I need to share this useless information
Bear vs. Shark <3

this band is alright, I like some songs but others are just awful.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Deadliest Catch is quality.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I really like this band, need to get more of their stuff. His singing is awesome, and his accent reminds me of when I visited the UK. Good music and memories ftw.
Bloody brilliant band, I can't believe I've only just discovered them. Although, I swear I've heard B.O.R.E.D somewhere before. I'm going into Canterbury tomorrow to buy their albums (it's rare to see me buying music, to put it into perspective).
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
Bloody brilliant band, I can't believe I've only just discovered them. Although, I swear I've heard B.O.R.E.D somewhere before. I'm going into Canterbury tomorrow to buy their albums (it's rare to see me buying music, to put it into perspective).

I used to have the lyrics in massive writing in my sig when I posted in the club football thread regularly, that might be where? haha
Quote by asator
I used to have the lyrics in massive writing in my sig when I posted in the club football thread regularly, that might be where? haha

Ah, that'll be where I've seen it before.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Rory's_strat
such an awesome band.

random trivia: 'Beech Like the Tree' was written about an acquaintance of mine called Josh Beech

That's pretty cool, why are they so jealous of him?
Great band. They're probably my favourite rock band right now, their new stuff sounds a little bit like Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, and Foo Fighters, but in a good way.
Not really sure how a band that sounds this generic and reeking of mainstream appeal gets so much love from the regs, but whatever, I can dig it, I've heard a lot worse.
^ By any chance are you basing that statement just off their most recent album?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Ah, that'll be where I've seen it before.

Since when have you liked Rites of Spring?? This is an awesome development.
Quote by asator

Since when have you liked Rites of Spring?? This is an awesome development.

This is a fairly recent development, I started listening to them a couple of weeks ago and I can't get their stuff out of my head, amazing stuff.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
This is a fairly recent development, I started listening to them a couple of weeks ago and I can't get their stuff out of my head, amazing stuff.

Probably one of my favourite bands, the full length is just perfect. I assume you're aware of Embrace too?
They're supporting You Me At Six on a tour in October.

Blah.

Really?
Can't be worse than supporting Asking Alexandria.

But that's good for them, I suppose.
I'm debating getting tickets to YMAS at the Margate Winter Gardens to see Lower Than Atlantis. Hmm...

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
I'm debating getting tickets to YMAS at the Margate Winter Gardens to see Lower Than Atlantis. Hmm...

I'd do it if I were you, Deaf Havana are quality too, it's just that they aren't playing anywhere near me

I'd go for the 2 support bands, then leave.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'd do it if I were you, Deaf Havana are quality too, it's just that they aren't playing anywhere near me

I'd go for the 2 support bands, then leave.

I may do that. Could you link me to some Deaf Havana stuff? I've never heard anything by them before.

S A D B O Y S
Fuck Deaf Havana. Dull, soulless music, shit live, and they're a bunch of dickheads as well.
I'm seeing Deaf Havana tonight, they were shit the last time I saw them, supporting Young Guns, but that was literally just after their sctreamer left, I'm willing to give them another chance tonight.

I've also heard LTA are dickheads too so erm... ye.

I basically spent 2010 seeing LTA shitloads of times and hanging out with Mike, Dec and Eddy. They're all good dudes. Apparently they've gotten a bit wide since then (especially Mike), but I dunno. They were always really nice, and really pleased that people cared about their band.

I've never spoken to anyone in Deaf Havana, but from what I heard of their conversation they were just sitting there talking shit about the local support bands (who were better than them). I stayed for half a song of theirs, they were awful, and I went home.
I just checked out Deaf Havana. It looks like I'm only going there for LTA's set.

S A D B O Y S
Page 1 of 3