ok so here a topic thats been ongoing in my band for a while now.

our band is named "Sean and the Sheep" currently.

we all are ok with the name, but we dont think people take the name or our band seriously because of it. but alot of people locally that have seen shows we have played at, even when we werent headlining, arestarting to recognize us and were kind of gaining a following.

we want to change the name to possibly something serious, but we feel that this current name is original but maybe not serious, plus we dont really want to confuse our following

so what do you guys think? keep the name? or find a new one?

btw for you guys wondering, the name came from a tv show that aired mainly in the UK i think, but it aired in canada one summer, and it was called "shaun the sheep" and after a while, and a few incarnations of the name it kinda stuck.

we also changed the speelling from shaun to sean because my name is sean too
If people know your band already, don't change it. Tons of bands have ridiculous names
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
I personally like quirky band names. Serious ones can be rather boring. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be allowed to change your band name, but you guys could be "Sean Ate All The Potatoes" and I'd actually find that intriguing enough to check you guys out.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
that what we thought, and theres kinda a cool story behind this one, plus people are starting to recognize the name and know who we are.

its also that were kinda a hard rock/metal band so it also doesnt seem too fitting to our genre
Quote by Seanthesheep
that what we thought, and theres kinda a cool story behind this one, plus people are starting to recognize the name and know who we are.

its also that were kinda a hard rock/metal band so it also doesnt seem too fitting to our genre

Isn't there a screamo band called Arsonists Get All The Girls? And I would be more likely to check out the band I had never heard before with a name like "Sean and The Sheep" than one with a "brutal" word misspelled.