22 31%
I am overly sensitive and I am fine with it
24 33%
I am overly insensitive and wish I wasn't
7 10%
I am overly insensitive and I am fine with it
19 26%
Voters: 72.
Sometimes I think I can be overly sensitive and, in various ways, I think this can somewhat be a hindrance. It's not great in confrontational situations, studies show, generally speaking, those less conscientious get further in careers (but who really cares? Lawyer? Stuff that) and it could sometimes have negative impacts on relationships.

However, I would prefer to be more that way inclined than the opposite i.e. brutish and insensitive; I find such personalities draining.

Anyway, how about you Pit? Any of you need to "man up"?

EDIT: No middle ground on the poll because that's, well, dull.
Last edited by fender_696 at Mar 22, 2011,
"Man up" is a stupid way to put it. There's nothing that says you can't be masculine and sensitive other than the "beer commercial mentality" that men have to act like horny apes.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
second one

I wish i were a bit less, but not to the extent of being a douche. But if the only two options (and personal experience tends to show that there are very few people who are a happy medium, in anything really) i'd rather be like this than the opposite.

Quote by rgrockr
"Man up" is a stupid way to put it. There's nothing that says you can't be masculine and sensitive other than the "beer commercial mentality" that men have to act like horny apes.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I am, who I am.

Nothing wrong with horny apes btw.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Well I'm going to be dull and hold the middle ground for a bit longer. If you aren't sensitive to some things, then you aren't human.
However I have a weird inability to feel guilt...it just doesn't occur to me. I've done some bad shit to people, and never dwelled on it or anything. I have very little empathy, and most of the time seem pretty apathetic. So I dunno really. The few things I care about, I care about a lot. The rest....go fuck itself
you wouldn't be overly sensitive if you were bullied at school

you'd man up then.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I'm more sensitive than I'd like to be but I really wouldn't want to be at the other end of the scale.
Quote by Dave_Mc
second one

I wish i were a bit less, but not to the extent of being a douche. But if the only two options (and personal experience tends to show that there are very few people who are a happy medium, in anything really) i'd rather be like this than the opposite.

100% agreed.

I'm overly sensitive, and i'm fine with it.
Like Dave, i also wish i were a bit less, but just because sometimes i feel that being overly sensitive makes relationships more complicated.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by rgrockr
I agree, hence the " " and the mocking face

I watch the Notebook.

I'm a wreck

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I'm way too sensitive... I kinda wish I'd get a severe stroke or severe brain damage so I just can't think any more.
I like to think of myself as rational so if I've done something wrong that is actually bad then I will feel guilt.

For example when I run over animals in my car I couldn't care less as the animal probably barely saw it coming and it's family wont mourn it. If I hit a pet however then I would be distraught as you've pretty much killed a member of someones family.

It's like if someone asks you if the glass is half empty or half full. It depends on whether you're emptying or filling it.
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Mar 22, 2011,
Waaay sensitive. Always have been. ****s me up.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Sometimes it sucks, but for the most part i'm content with my sensitivity.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I catch myself not being sensitive enough some times. It's relative, though. I'm not the type of person that only sees what's good for himself - I just need to remind myself every now and then that what's good for everyone else is good for myself as well.

I'd rather have my riches in my heart than in my career.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Selection #1 is me in a nutshell
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I am neither and am ok with it option?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Is it too soon for Japan earthquake/tsunami jokes?

I lack sensitivity, but not to the point tht I am a sociaopath, I hope.

Quote by rgrockr

We ARE horny apes, sometimes sensitivity is a tool to get some.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
I am very overly sensitive and not okay with it. I am not able to drink very cold drinks without lots of pain, and it gets to be a bother. I wish I could drink my iced beverages and ice cream in peace. But no.

I'm sensitive in some ways, not sensitive in others. When compared to the average populace, I'm very insensitive when it comes to death/injury/sickness/suffering. Contrarily, I feel pretty emotional for hurt animals. Burning bodies don't bother me, but a dying dog does.

My wife also knows my soft sides. A great man/woman knows how and when to be strong, but also loves very passionately and knows how/when to be soft.

Like the lyrics go, "hard to be soft, tough to be tender."
My God, it's full of stars!