I'm saving up to buy a guitar no more than $500. But I cant figure out which one. I was thinking a Schecter Tempest or a Epi Les Paul. I play rock to Heavy metal. Most play The Devil Wears Prada. MAny other guitars to choose like an Ibanez RG or a Dean Razorback.
schecter or GIBSON - gibson

schecter or epiphone - schecter.

but yeh, dean and ibby aren't bad either.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
If you look used you can easily find (at least in my area) Ibanez RG 570's and even Ibanez Prestige models for under $500. But if buying new, I'd say go with the Schecter.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
epiphone isn't a gibson mate, nowhere near......

Schecter is better suited, but look into Ltd and Ibanez too. a lot of people dont get on well with schecter necks, myself included. they're pretty chunky
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
If you play a few, you can normally find a pretty decent epi. I really like mine, and a lot of the newer epis are great quality guitars.
try finding a used tempest custom
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

HANDS DOWN, the schecter wins.
Not only am I biased. (If you care to look at my sig)
The tempest is also a great starting guitar, and despite having schecter made hardware, its not bad at all.

EDIT: As was said above, if you can - get a schecter tempest custom. Even better value, and it has aftermarket pups in it.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at Mar 22, 2011,