My band recently started down tuning to D standard because the singer cant hit the high notes anymore. Does anyone know any good songs to learn in D standard?

Cheers
Corrosion of Conformity, some Pantera, Dream Theater? Isn't there also some Sabbath stuff in D?
any symphony x song, if that's what you're into
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Speed-metal9000
My band recently started down tuning to D standard because the singer cant hit the high notes anymore. Does anyone know any good songs to learn in D standard?

Cheers

Why don't you just play any song that was written in standard, isn't that the whole point, so your singer can, y'know, sing stuff?

I never understand these "what song in this tuning" threads - they honestly baffle me, I mean it's not exactly rocket science. If you've lowered your tuning that doesn't magically prevent you from playing anything that was written in standard, you've still got the same notes there. You either have to transpose everything if you want to stay in the same key, or just play it exactly the same way and have it in a different key. If you've dropped the bottom string you've only got to compensate one string by 2 frets, is that really difficult?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Why don't you just play any song that was written in standard?

this pretty much, not saying learning new songs in a new tuning is bad, but you can play songs in different keys. Ozzys Crazy Train is in F#minor, and bullet for my valentine did a cover where its in E minor, it adds a new feel to it. Also, if you go to the tabs section under advance search, i think you can search songs in the tuning of D
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Why don't you figure out what range your SINGERS VOICE is in, and he can pick more appropriate songs in his range.

Don't get under the impression that just because the guitars are tuned lower that the melody is then lower too. It's not like you have to be a deep bass to pull off metal songs.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by steven seagull
Why don't you just play any song that was written in standard, isn't that the whole point, so your singer can, y'know, sing stuff?

I never understand these "what song in this tuning" threads - they honestly baffle me, I mean it's not exactly rocket science. If you've lowered your tuning that doesn't magically prevent you from playing anything that was written in standard, you've still got the same notes there. You either have to transpose everything if you want to stay in the same key, or just play it exactly the same way and have it in a different key. If you've dropped the bottom string you've only got to compensate one string by 2 frets, is that really difficult?

lol i agree though. i tune down or do any tuning really for a different sound or a different key. some i can understand. like wanting to know some songs that use DADGAD just to get used to the tuning. but drop tuning and lower standard tuning is pretty simple. with drop tuning, the point is to be able to play one finger power chords and lower chords as well or just to have that extra low note. lower standard is usually so you can play standard tuning songs....lower.

so OP, im afraid i dont understand why you're asking this. you said you lowered the tuning to suit the singer and then ask what songs to play. why wouldnt you just play the same songs you did before? or any new song really. it would jsut be lower....but thats what you wanted lol.

i use Eb standard almost always unless im playing with someone else who plays or sings in standard. ill usually use a capo or transpose. on acoustic i do a lot of D standard. makes the tension lighter and suits my voice better for a lot of songs.
There are lots of songs of BFMV's Scream, Aim, Fire in D standard
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User