Page 1 of 2
Why did Eminem change his rap style, clothing style, and lyrical content when he got clean? I personally liked him better when he was on drugs. His music was so much better.

"Now I don't want to hit no woman
But this chick's got it commin'
Someone better get this bitch before she gets kicked in the stomach
And she's pregnant but she's eggin me on
Beggin me to throw her off the steps of this porch
my only wepon is force
but I don't want to resort to violence of any sort
but what's she shovin me for? doesn't she love me no more?
Wasn't she huggin me four minutes ago at the door?
Man I'm this close to goin toe to toe with this *****."

That is a ****ing great verse. Now he sings things like Not Afraid. I don't get it.

Does anybody know why he doesn't rap like that anymore? On the next D12 album he will be Slim Shady again right? D12 is how he turned into Slim Shady so he has to be him for this next album right? The whole point of D12 is 6 guys with split personalities to equal 12 people.

I hope somebody pisses him off so Slim Shady will come back...
Last edited by IdkWhatImDoing at Mar 22, 2011,
he was shit then and he's shit now. /thread

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

He's gotten his life together.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
He was great and still is great. Like any other artist, he has matured and refined his act.
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Mar 22, 2011,
Quote by Silver-spear94

[see user title]
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Momentosis
He's gotten his life together.

This.
His old stuff was cool, but I like some of the newer stuff as well.
Although not much will beat Kim in terms of emotional flow, and not much will beat Stan in terms of lyrical genius.
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
Why did Eminem change his rap style, clothing style, and lyrical content when he got clean? I personally liked him better when he was on drugs. His music was so much better.

"Now I don't want to hit no woman
But this chick's got it commin'
Someone better get this bitch before she gets kicked in the stomach
And she's pregnant but she's eggin me on
Beggin me to throw her off the steps of this porch
my only wepon is force
but I don't want to resort to violence of any sort
but what's she shovin me for? doesn't she love me no more?
Wasn't she huggin me four minutes ago at the door?
Man I'm this close to goin toe to toe with this *****."

That is a ****ing great verse. Now he sings things like Not Afraid. I don't get it.

Does anybody know why he doesn't rap like that anymore? On the next D12 album he will be Slim Shady again right? D12 is how he turned into Slim Shady so he has to be him for this next album right? The whole point of D12 is 6 guys with split personalities to equal 12 people.

I hope somebody pisses him off so Slim Shady will come back...

This applies to all musicians. I've never kept up with his music but I like his more explicit stuff.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Portuguese_boy
rap iz stupid lol rip dime

no, Eminem is stupid, Not Rap. And personally im not much of a pantera fan either.

RZA ftw?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Is this technically a versus thread about the same guy?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Silver-spear94
no, Eminem is stupid, Not Rap. And personally im not much of a pantera fan either.

RZA ftw?

I prefer Raekwon, Ghostface, and Ol' Dirty over RZA. But man, RZA could produce some seriously sick beats.
But will Slim Shady ever be back? I miss him so much because Slim Shady's lyrics talked to me and I grew up with his lyrics. I can't relate to his last two albums about his drug addiction and getting clean.
Eh, I don't mind his newer stuff. Admittedly he's past his prime, but he hasn't gotten terribly bad either

Quote by Silver-spear94

Last edited by creeping.death! at Mar 22, 2011,
Quote by Silver-spear94

yep
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Sounds like you listened to the single off Recovery and ignored the rest of it like a true hip hop top 40 tool.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by nigeltheginger
inb4 bands and artists forum.

Bands and artists forum.

Everytime I make a post in bands and artists it gets closed without anybody telling me why.

Quote by strat0blaster
Sounds like you listened to the single off Recovery and ignored the rest of it like a true hip hop top 40 tool.

No I listened to the entire album multiple times. I like it but it doesnt compare to his old stuff. It will never be the same without slim shady.
ITT: verse in OP sucks and we know it

I care not about your woman problems, now sing me some shit psychedelic.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94

RZA ftw?

*trollface*
Quote by Dreadnought
He was great and still is great. Like any other artist, he has matured and refined his act.

This. I actually respect him for changing. He can't rap about being poor and being a drug addict, when he's a multi millionaire and clean.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
"He was great and still is great. Like any other artist, he has matured and refined his act."

agree with this.

but also eminem is one of them artists you can't quite point out what makes him so special, but he just is. no matter what genre of music you listen to, whether it be metal, blues, pop, R&B or enya... you still have a favourite eminem song.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by IdkWhatImDoing
But will Slim Shady ever be back? I miss him so much because Slim Shady's lyrics talked to me and I grew up with his lyrics. I can't relate to his last two albums about his drug addiction and getting clean.

But you can relate to talking about killing your wife and one of your obsessed fans driving himself off a cliff? Really?

Just let him know how you feel. I'm sure he'll get back on all the drugs just so he can make an album you like.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
i dont like him at all, but when a rock/metal band does it, it's called selling out...maybe its the same thing here
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
but new Eminem is 38, old Eminem was 25, and 38>25.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
he was really good, especially for a white rapper. Fresh style, tight flow, everything.

He kind of became a pop artist pretty fast, but whatever, i grew out of em in the 6th grade anyways...

edit:

and how can new eminem be older than old eminem? this thread is full of unintentional mindfvck!
He's moved with the mainstream industry of course. Did you look at the sales on his album, 'the re-up?' No apologies was the only decent song on that album.
It's his tone when he's rapping that gets me now... He's trying to be all cheesy and funny or he's trying to be deep in 'not afraid.'
Marshall Mathers LP was the best album.
I think he changed after he wrote 'Ass Like that' and 'Fack'.
He'll be singing with Justin Beiber before you know it and I will throw out his old CD's and encourage people to download his new stuff illegally. :L
Quote by Portuguese_boy
rap iz stupid lol rip dime

this.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Eminem rapping about drugs these days would be like Madonna whining about being attractive.

all lies.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

I don't care what anyone says, Fack is a masterpiece.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Dempsey68
"He was great and still is great. Like any other artist, he has matured and refined his act."

agree with this.

but also eminem is one of them artists you can't quite point out what makes him so special, but he just is. no matter what genre of music you listen to, whether it be metal, blues, pop, R&B or enya... you still have a favourite eminem song.

i dont
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by strat0blaster
But you can relate to talking about killing your wife and one of your obsessed fans driving himself off a cliff? Really?

Just let him know how you feel. I'm sure he'll get back on all the drugs just so he can make an album you like.

We have all felt like hurting a girl after a breakup. And the verse in Stan "I can relate to what your sayin in your songs so when I have a shitty day I drift away and put em on cuz I don't got shit else so that shit helps when I'm depressed.........My grilfriend's jealous because I talk about you 24/7 but she don't know you like I know you slim, no one does, she don't know what it was like for people like us growin up you gotta call me man I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever lose sincerley yours, Stan..." Is exactly how I feel about his music. So yes in Stan I can relate to the lyrics too.
Coming from someone who doesn't like ant of his music, I think it's better he has his life turned around
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
does any one ever thing hes a millionaire and doesnt have to be mad any more?
he isnt some little white boy from Detroit any more, hes a rich white boy who lives in a huge house and wipes his ass with platinum records.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by BladeSlinger
I don't care what anyone says, Fack is a masterpiece.

Totally, it was awesome, but that's when his music started sounding different...
Old Eminem, hands down... his new stuff doesn't appeal to me at all. He's just repetitivley rattling away now, and his rhymes are niether funny nor clever anymore. (/opinion)
Quote by rhys digby
He's moved with the mainstream industry of course. Did you look at the sales on his album, 'the re-up?' No apologies was the only decent song on that album.
It's his tone when he's rapping that gets me now... He's trying to be all cheesy and funny or he's trying to be deep in 'not afraid.'
Marshall Mathers LP was the best album.
I think he changed after he wrote 'Ass Like that' and 'Fack'.
He'll be singing with Justin Beiber before you know it and I will throw out his old CD's and encourage people to download his new stuff illegally. :L

Way to fight back, man. Hardcore.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Page 1 of 2