Hi, I can't seem to get this chord right.

---------
---2----
--------
---4----
---4----
---2----

How are you supposed to position your fingers for this??? I just can't seem to reach it.
I would barre the 2nd frets with my first finger, then use my 3rd and pinkie to do the 4th frets, while (I assume) using the edge of one of them to mute the G string, as it doesn't look like it's meant to be played.
Barre across the second fret and use 3rd and 4th fingers for the 4th and 5th strings, which are the C# and F#. Use the side of your pinky to mute the the third string. Don't strum the first string.

Edit: Fixed a typo.
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Mar 22, 2011,
Quote by KG6_Steven
Barre across the second fret and use 3rd and 4th fingers for the 4th and 5th strings, which are the C# and F#. Use the side of your pinky to mute the the third string. Don't strum the first string.

Edit: Fixed a typo.

sound advice right here
Oh duh. Damn I thought you had to like put your first finger on the 6th string, 3rd and 4th on 5th and 4th, and 2nd on 2nd, but even then my fingers had no choice but to go flat and mute everything.

Now I see it's just a normal barre chord with a mute :P

Thanks.
Last edited by Sy_B at Mar 22, 2011,
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I would barre the 2nd frets with my first finger, then use my 3rd and pinkie to do the 4th frets, while (I assume) using the edge of one of them to mute the G string, as it doesn't look like it's meant to be played.

This, but I'd use my pick to strum the 3 adjacent strings and my middle finger to get the 2nd string, I'm self taught and a bit unorthodox though I think.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212