In my school jazz band i have a long bass solo during a song where only the drummer, me and piano are playing. Its a pretty fast solo and i was wondering how loud it should be on stage and what the treble, bass and everything should be for it to sound good. I put up a video of the recording. This is a professional recording of a bari playing over the chord changes and i want my solo to sound as similar to that as possible. What sound should i achieve and how?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq8e7MrcXGM
It entirely depends on the rest of the band and how they are eq'd what amps are being used etc. I can't listen to your vid right now but the only advice one can give you would be based on the quality of the video and what can be heard.
That bassist is almost lost in the mix. He has no punch, and his tone is muddy. He's probably cut the treble, boosted the bass and perhaps even overcompressed. The sax is stepping all over the band IMHO. But if that's what you want, boost your bass; cut your treble and maybe invest in a set of flatwound strings

Is your 60-watt amp enough? I don't know. It depends on what everybody else is playing through and whether they are mic'ed. As you can hear from that recording, a mic'ed saxophone is very loud. If your band is playing with mic'ed amps, then it is your soundman's or soundwoman's job to even you all out and put you where you need to be in the mix.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
That bassist is almost lost in the mix. He has no punch, and his tone is muddy. He's probably cut the treble, boosted the bass and perhaps even overcompressed. The sax is stepping all over the band IMHO. But if that's what you want, boost your bass; cut your treble and maybe invest in a set of flatwound strings

Unless I read this wrong, he's playing the sax part.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Every room is different, you're just gonna have to play around with it yourself.