Ok guy's i want to know if this could be done.

Ok so im sitting around during spring break playing my Gibson SG and Started thinking how i could expand my musical boundaries if i had a floating tremolo in my SG. And then i started searching on the internet if Gibson has expirimented in the past trying to put a floating trem in a SG and i found nothing .So i started thinking Why the Hell hasnt Gibson tried this . i mean if they can sit around for a year or so thinking up the Firebird X they can put a Floyd Rose, Kahler,etc. in a SG. They made the LP Axcess which is a great guitar but im not a very big LP person.

1.I know one major thing is that the SG body is very thin compared to a LP.
2. A floyd or somthing could effect the performance of a thin ,lightweight Guitar like a SG.

So UG Could this Be Done.
"L'etat C'est Moi"
2010 Ltd.Gibson SG Standard 60's
Steinberger Spirit Deluxe
Roland CUBE 80XL
Fender Mim Stratocaster
Fender CD60CE Acoustic
Quote by Way Cool JR.
People have had Floyd's installed on SG's so it is possible.

May i point out one thing. Thats a Epiphone not a Gibson. i Compared my Gibson to my old ass Epi Sg and the epi is thicker and heavier than the my Gibson's Body . So im talking About "Gibsons"
"L'etat C'est Moi"
2010 Ltd.Gibson SG Standard 60's
Steinberger Spirit Deluxe
Roland CUBE 80XL
Fender Mim Stratocaster
Fender CD60CE Acoustic
I think regular SGs are too thin to add a trem like that to it, but you could toss a bigsby on that thing, or an old school maestro trem.
no sir away a papaya war is on
A kahler doesn't require too much wood to be routed, so that might work better than a Floyd... I don't even know if a Floyd would work on a "thin" SG. Of course, that's if you're looking towards a locking trem. Otherwise, a Bigsby is probably your best bet. The maestro looks cool, but tuning isn't very stable with it, so...
Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker!
You could sand off the body, add a thick cap to it and route through that if you're really set on a FR.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Kahler. FR's are too long.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What about the original type of trem??

Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Washburn Wonderbar - no routing required - , or shorten the block on your floyd/ leave it proud of the body depending on the string height at the bridge.
yeah I said it. What.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
So in the end, be careful, but even still it's not THAT easy to get killed to death.
With enough string tension, it would be easy enough to machine the block to a shorter length and still have a perfectly functioning FR.
So yes, it can be done!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.